488 Hill Engineering Race Seat Lifter Kit | FerrariChat

488 Hill Engineering Race Seat Lifter Kit

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by dudlow, Aug 19, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dudlow

dudlow Karting

Feb 28, 2011
    Surrey UK
    Having struggled with my 488 race seats being a little low, and not having the factory seat lifter fitted I approached Hill Engineering to see if they had a fix. They didn't !
    Working with my car, a 2017 Spider, they have developed a kit which I am testing currently in France.

The kit consists of two machined black anodized blocks which can lock together if needed which raise the seat 10mm, 20mm or 30mm. The kit has the bolts for all three configuration included. It took about 15 mins to fit, and initially I raised it by 30mm, which for me was a bit high. After a ten minute adjustment I am now sitting 20mm higher and it really changes the way you can place the car in tight situations. When in situ it looks completely unoticable.
    Tests will be completed shortly and they will be available from Hill Engineering soon. I have no connection with Hill Engineering other than being a serial buyer of their excellent products over the years.
    I can fully recommend this kit as a simple and effective way to raise the seat.

SVR, Chizz, LVP488 and 2 others like this.
  2. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Great news for those that need it... Thanks for the post.

3. A.J

A.J Karting

Dec 14, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Will these fit 458 seats?

4. Buitech

Buitech Rookie

Jun 21, 2018
    California
    Full Name:
    Danny bui
    Will these fit for a pista?

5. dudlow

dudlow Karting

Feb 28, 2011
    Surrey UK
    Not sure 're 458 . May be an idea to contact Hill Engineering directly. I thought all Pistas had a lifter as standard, if not they must be the same seats as 488 Race seats and should fit.

6. JDINPA

JDINPA Rookie

Aug 30, 2017
    Can you post contact info for the person you're working with at Hill? make it easier for all of us! ;-)

7. dudlow

dudlow Karting

Feb 28, 2011
    Surrey UK
    Sorry for the delay in responding but I have been away in the car. The raised seat made the driving experience even better. Great piece of kit.
    The best contact for any enquiry is [email protected]

8. Rostami6

Rostami6 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2013
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Amir
    Curious to see how these worked out for you. I need to raise my seat as well. Any more feedback would be appreciated.

9. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
  10. Kudos

Kudos Rookie

Jun 20, 2021
    Full Name:
    FC
    How are you getting on OP with the kit?

Anybody else have feedback or fitted to Pista?

No seat lifter is the only thing missing from a car I have seen that I’d like to purchase and this would be a game changer if a suitable remedy!

11. Mikael-F360

Mikael-F360 Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2017
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael E.
    Obiviously is a working solution as HE products are of excellent quality. I would recommend all of them very highly.

Kudos likes this.
  12. Kudos

Kudos Rookie

Jun 20, 2021
    Full Name:
    FC
    Great thats just made my search a lot easier!

Mikael-F360 likes this.
  13. dudlow

dudlow Karting

Feb 28, 2011
    Surrey UK
    A year on, and I have forgotten the kit is even there. No adjustment has been required, nothing has come loose, its an invisable fix.

Driving position is perfect.

One thing that does get better all the time...........my appreciation of just how good and how capable the 488 is.

I recently aquired a 2006 Ford GT, which I have been driving quite a lot, amazing car.
    One interesting thing was when I got back in the 488 straight after driving the FGT, the 488 felt as if I was driving an S Class Merc Limo (in a very nice sort of way). Its somtimes easy to forget the amazing suspension on modern Ferrari's, they are just so compliant.

14. njcycleguy

njcycleguy Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2008
    Northeast
    I have a set of these for sale. Sold my Pista before I had a chance to put them on. Putting an ad in the classifieds. Cost me $220, will take $150.