360 - New first time 360 owner! Car incoming. | Page 4 | FerrariChat

360 New first time 360 owner! Car incoming.

Discussion in '360/430' started by Todd Laing, Jul 30, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Are these valved?

Todd Laing likes this.
  2. timwu12

timwu12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    TX
    They should be, it’s part number 70003654

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Todd Laing likes this.
  3. PFSEX

PFSEX Formula Junior

Jun 30, 2006
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    John Ratto
    Just wait until you try and pick it up

4. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

What’s the best exhaust for the 360? Capristo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Todd Laing likes this.
  5. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    depends - valveless i think most will say S line. valved i wld think capristo or tubi sport.

6. the_dan

the_dan Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 6, 2016
    Hong Kong
    That is a lovely looking spider. Enjoy in good health !

Todd Laing likes this.
  7. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
    Much appreciated.

8. MikeL66

MikeL66 Rookie

Apr 21, 2020
    Full Name:
    Michael Loreth
    I was having trouble shifting from first to second with my gated shifter and decided to take your advise and order this bushing. My mechanic replaced the old one (that looked okay) with the new metal bushing and it fixed the problem completely. Thanks so much for your advise!

Need4Spd and Todd Laing like this.
  9. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
    Need4Spd likes this.
  10. Mbelliss

Mbelliss Karting

Mar 28, 2018
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Mark B
    I’ve been impressed reading all the back and forth comments; have you actually been driving the car yet/had all your initial work done?

Mine’s an 03 Spider gated. Other than Alpine head unit, all stock. Have dealer do the major, but enjoy doing other work myself, inc the shifter bushing (not hard). One thing you might want to consider are the challenge grills, particularly the rear one-looks great and functionally cools engine compartment; best part: it’s stock and it bolts on without other modification. Enjoy the ride!

Todd Laing likes this.
  11. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
    Unfortunately the car is still in Cali! I live in rural Arkansas so I’m having everything I can have done before delivery! They should finish the sound system today then the only thing left is new front PPF. Hopefully, she can be delivered next week!!

Need4Spd and Maine57S1 like this.
  12. Maine57S1

Maine57S1 Karting

Dec 5, 2016
    Full Name:
    John
    Congrats Todd.. Im in a similar boat. Bought a 360 in TX site unseen at the beginning of the month and waiting for it to get picked up for shipping to Maine.. The wait is painful!

13. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
    I feel ya brother its brutal! I have driven it some much in my head I have already need a new clutch! LOL. I have brought it on myself but I wanted to get everything possible done so once I get the car she was good to go. Being so rural I do not have anyone close to do anything on her. But its getting real now. Hopefully next week ill have a Ferrari in the garage talk about a dream come true!! What color/spec is your 360??

Maine57S1 likes this.
  14. Maine57S1

Maine57S1 Karting

Dec 5, 2016
    Full Name:
    John
    Im right there with you although ive also spent a good amount of time trying to figure out what im going to say to my wife when it shows up.. She has no idea i bought it! :)

Todd Laing likes this.
  15. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
    You are a brave man! LOL I bet she will love it. I have been lucky to own some cool cars but I don't think I have ever been this excited/nervous to take delivery of one. I have reading and drooling over them in magazines my whole life. Dreamed of driving a gated manual. Not sure how ill react once she is pulled off the truck.
    The kid in me is giddy.

Maine57S1 likes this.
  16. MikeL66

MikeL66 Rookie

Apr 21, 2020
    Full Name:
    Michael Loreth
    I just ordered my new 19 inch HRE wheels a few minutes ago. I won't get them for about two months. I can't wait. They are the R101LW and will weigh about 25% less than stock. I just had my stock exhaust replaced with a new Capristo Sound 3 with a cat delete. The computers needed to be reflashed to prevent lights from coming on and to increase power. There is a noticeable difference in terms of both sound and power. Image Unavailable, Please Login

chris0315, Need4Spd and Todd Laing like this.
  17. Maine57S1

Maine57S1 Karting

Dec 5, 2016
    Full Name:
    John
    if you dont hear from me again youll know what happened :) Im a lifelong Alfa guy and always wanted one as well. I sold my 74 GTV to make room for it and her comment when it got picked up "im afraid to see what shows up to replace that!"

ScottS and Todd Laing like this.
  18. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
    You will love the HREs. I had some custom HREs on my last ride(Shelby Super Snake Wide Body). They were beautiful wheels. What finish are you doing on the HREs?? I bet that Capristo Sounds insane! I had the stock exhaust on my replaced with the Ferrari/Tubi sport exhaust.

19. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
    A mans lucky to have a wife that will put up with our car sickness. LOL I know mine probably thinks I'm crazy!

Maine57S1 likes this.
  20. Mbelliss

Mbelliss Karting

Mar 28, 2018
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Mark B
    Hah! Bought mine in 2018 in Texas and had it shipped to Michigan; the wait was excruciating but ended up only being 3-4days. When the transporter came rolling down my street it was incredible. That was March and had to wait a month or so to drive it! As Pepe le Pew said-the best things in life are worth waiting for

ScottS, Maine57S1 and Todd Laing like this.
  21. MikeL66

MikeL66 Rookie

Apr 21, 2020
    Full Name:
    Michael Loreth
    I went with satin silver for my wheels. They are not cheap but sometimes you get what you pay for. It does sound incredible. It is amazing.

Todd Laing likes this.
  22. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing

Have to see those HREs once they are on!! I keep telling myself I'm going to leave the appearance of the car stock. LOL But you know how that usually goes.

23. MikeL66

MikeL66 Rookie

Apr 21, 2020
    Full Name:
    Michael Loreth
    I am keeping all the stock items just in case, but I don't mind making improvements to make it look and perform better. I will post pictures in a couple of months when I get my wheels.

Todd Laing likes this.
  24. Stev-o

Stev-o Karting

Sep 18, 2020
    Central Texas
    Full Name:
    Stev-o de Italiano!
    Hey Todd....we are in the same boat, first time Ferrari owners, made a deal on an '03 and it is currently getting engine service before we take delivery in the next week or so. I love the color of yours, we nearly bought a Grigio Titanio.

Ended up with a sweet deal on Spider F1, wanted a gated, but hard to find and pricey as you know. We feel this was a deal at $74K with the $5400 engine service. Has 25K miles.

It is TDF Blu with tan interior, we had to have the Daytona style seats too. Needs tires, but I prefer to do that, the plan is Michelin Sport Pilots slightly wider than OEM as recommended by the guys here. What are you getting?

A bonus is it already has an aftermarket muffler, the stock muffler is way too restrictive, but I have been unable to identify the manufacturer. Any of you experts out there know?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Todd Laing and Maine57S1 like this.
  25. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
    Beautiful color man! And I absolutely love the tan interior( kinda wish that’s what mine had)! I went with the stock Bridgestone tires as mine already had one brand new one so I just added the other 3. Lol. Got word the sound system is done so hopefully get the PPF finished so she can ship next week!

Also this came today.

Micah.Berry and Maine57S1 like this.