Ferrari ROMA | Page 110 | FerrariChat

Ferrari ROMA

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by ajr550, Feb 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. J Ingram

J Ingram Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2006
    Moreno Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Jesse Ingram
    That was a minor concern of mine with all the electronics and touch screens on modern cars. What's going to happen when they all become outdated and technology marches on making them all obsolete.

MrFloppi, 500tr and Pawilly like this.
  2. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Accelerating

vcappp and Chizz like this.
  3. CT Audi Fan

CT Audi Fan Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2011
    Cars that are 30 years old today are considered more simple than modern cars ... same will be true 30 years from now. But I agree with you on the outdated part ... I still use an iPhone 7 ... my wife and kids have 11s ... mine seems like a boat anchor!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

elmadi likes this.
  4. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
  5. J Ingram

J Ingram Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2006
    Moreno Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Jesse Ingram
    I agree with you as I currently own a 38 year old 308 GTSi and it is pretty simple and quite small in size compared to modern cars!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
  7. 500tr

500tr Formula 3

Feb 28, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Volkmar Spielmann
    They do

tomc likes this.
  8. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    If you read contemporary magazines, back in the day they mostly liked the Mondial. I think that, for good and for bad, the comparison is legit: both are the "cheap" and practical Ferrari.

Now everybody likes to bash the poor old Mondial. OK, it´s not a F40, but still it´s cooler than 99% of the cars out there.

Daytonafan and 500tr like this.
  9. inox

inox Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2017
    There is of course a major difference that Mondial has the V8 at the rear.

AMuS does not really state why they think Roma is successor to Mondial, but I think they are trying to say both are practical everyday cars with particularly good handling and emphasis on comfort. I think adjustable damping debuted on Mondial T. AMuS also alleviates that Roma is quite different to Portofino and handling is better even with its softer suspension.

500tr likes this.
  10. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    I think the Mondial is a lovely car. I had a T for 3 years and drove it whenever I got the chance

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

500tr and Bundy like this.
  11. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
  12. mroz

mroz Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    California
    Just received a picture of the satin chrome grill on the Roma. I added the grill as a option to my order to be delivered in April. The satin grill matches, a little bit, my 68 330 GTC. I see the Roma as a updated 330 GTC. I'll be using the Roma for a quite sporty drive between California and Nevada homes. The wife will like it. Modern entertainment. Stealthy in Grigio Titanio.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

ScottS, mcimino, stavura and 7 others like this.
  13. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    So I logged into my Ferrari and clicked in my Roma and for the first time (I don’t recall ever seeing before) when I clicked on photos it said the car was in production and I should have photos soon. Anyone else seeing that and does it really mean I am in production. I was told early q1 but if truly being built it should be much sooner.

14. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Huh. That's first time I've seen a connection between the Roma grill and a past F-car. Very interesting and congrats on your incoming Roma...T

15. mroz

mroz Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    California
    The Roma and 330 GTC mouths and grills are not exactly the same. But, both the 330 GTC and Roma are grant touring coupes. So I thought the satin grill look would be a nod to the old 275 GTB/330 GTC. When the two cars are together in will be interesting to see. I might do the interior blue like my GTC. Not sure.

The Roma mouth shape is a bit closer to the 275. Except the Roma mouth corners are a angular. Modern design. A little edgy.

The Roma over all side profile body line has more musculature at the rear like the 1965 275 GTB.Very Pininfarina. The 330 GTC body line curves down towards the back.

Im thinking the Ferrari design teams perforated - punched grill with decreasing close hole sizes is a step towards the future of a total close off grill. They are building a future identity.

Picture: Note the Romas grill hole aspect ratio is the same as the old grills. About 2:1

Image Unavailable, Please Login

vcappp, 456-boy and tomc like this.
  16. mroz

mroz Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    California
    #2743 mroz, Aug 29, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
    I think the mouth and grill of the 330 GTC is one of the best features of the car. The best of many old Ferrari's. I want to kiss it all the time. My favorite car. The Roma will have be a side affair.

17. Michelin

Michelin Rookie

Feb 22, 2019
    Full Name:
    Michelin
    I am one of probably many who is switching from a 911 to a Roma (pending a test drive in October). It will be used for 7-8000 miles per year and needs to occasionally carry my 10 year old son in the back. Will use it for Alp tours and weekend trips. Had a very enjoyable morning at my local dealer in Belgium yesterday who took my through their excellent configurator. Odd that the online tool is so limited compared to what they have at the dealer though. Some of the option pricing did make me laugh (€3k for Apple Car Play f.e.) but overall this car makes sense. As a total car and circuit nut, I have been struggling with the switch to electrification and automation of cars and think the Roma will be among the last of fairly simple and pure driving tools, so now seems the right time to get into one. Delivery would be late 2021 to early 2022, so need to have a bit of patience. Does mean there’s some time still to tinker with the options and learn from other owners what it’s like.

ScottS likes this.
  18. Dadr

Dadr Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    MyFerrari now says the same thing. IN PRODUCTION photos available soon and agree I do not remember seeing in production before. Last I heard from my dealer I was 10 green at the beginning of August with expected 10 Red soon but had not heard of starting production. We shall see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RamsHmb likes this.
  19. cyr

cyr Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Cy
    Sorry to pour cold water on your joy but my car was "in production" for five months before I even saw a photograph. However, the app is seriously useless, so you may be lucky (which I hope;))

RamsHmb likes this.
  20. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Mine is the same.

In production doesn’t mean that. I checked with the dealer and it hasn’t locked.

With the return of the factory there should be some movement.

Does anyone have a confirmed lock on their car?

SV

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

21. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Better kiss Juanita.

Marcel Massini

22. mroz

mroz Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    California
    Hi Marcel!

23. ScuderiaPL

ScuderiaPL Rookie

Jun 15, 2020
    New York
    Full Name:
    Paul Lusardi
    I am 10 Green as well. I was told by my dealer to expect delivery by 2nd week of December. I expect these next two weeks to possibly see a change to 10 Red. Maybe longer. I am in the US.