AC removal | FerrariChat

AC removal

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by decardona, Aug 17, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. decardona

decardona Formula 3

Apr 23, 2005
    PA
    Full Name:
    Dennis Cardona
    Other than evacuating the freon, is there anything else that needs to be done when removing the AC unit? After having to take it out for the issues I had, I decided I may as well just take it out. Thanks.

2. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
    Leave it in. The car will be much more valuable.

3. decardona

decardona Formula 3

Apr 23, 2005
    PA
    Full Name:
    Dennis Cardona
    I'm not going to discard it. I just want to have easier access to work on the car. The AC is a PITA to remove when work needs to be done. When the time comes to sell, I would reinstall it.

4. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Hi Dennis, based on past experience, when certain items go unused for extended periods they tend to degrade. Example, the a/c was inoperative when I first bought the car, and it appeared to have been that way for awhile. Once I got the a/c serviced the extra load on the electrical system burned the fuse box board. After replacing that, then the a/c expansion valve jammed up, which needed the entire dashboard removed for access. Then the vacuum can imploded (hvac flappers are vacuum operated). Funny how the car would identify its weak points after I'd fix another.

Just something to think about i.e. creating a can of worms. ;)

5. decardona

decardona Formula 3

Apr 23, 2005
    PA
    Full Name:
    Dennis Cardona
    Thanks Wade, I appreciate the input. The car is being put back together today. I'll probably just reinstall it. If all stays well, I won't have to deal with it for awhile. Stay safe with the upcoming storms.

6. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
  7. AndruL

AndruL Karting

Apr 4, 2018
    Full Name:
    AndruL
    Wear protective gloves and glasses when evacuating the Freon.