812 VS Rumors | Page 93 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gliazzurri

gliazzurri Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2016
    Maryland
    #2301 gliazzurri, Aug 21, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
    It breathes better with no mask. :) Oh and sounds clearer too...he he.
    Please anyone with video of surveillance send when able of the VS up close when possible.

456-boy and wrs like this.
  2. ferrarifanatic25

ferrarifanatic25 Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2009
    OC
    Hahahaha this is just so accurate it’s hilarious.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

wrs likes this.
  3. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    Masks and gloves have become so commonplace banks and stores allow anyone with them in. It’s a criminal’s dream, not to mention rioters and “agitators”.
    You are very correct, GPF is like wearing an N95 . One day it will be required for all vehicles- no exceptions- and our lovely old Ferraris will be flat bedded from place to place, probably by an electric truck whilst the historic vehicle is shrink wrapped to prevent the general public from being contaminated. Of course, since the political elite take no prisoners, eventually our N95 wearing and hybrid super cars will also be relegated to the history bin.
    At least I’ll get to enjoy my 812 and GTS(when it arrives) until then. Alas I am not in the running for VS(yet)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

4. Dubaicity

Dubaicity Karting

Nov 21, 2013
    Germany
    Senna1994, Albert-LP, GK18 and 8 others like this.
  5. gliazzurri

gliazzurri Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2016
    Maryland
    The conversation continues to be about the 812 vs and how it sounds. Again we are adults and don’t need directives.
    This is not a gpf dialogue but a matter of fact given these knowns that is part of the automotive landscape now. What’s the big deal of having a conversation about how a new car sounds or operates technically with engine or exhaust components???? Some love to discuss which tire comes with which car. I don’t care about that much but am not going to tell people to stop discussing it. You don’t have to respond to these elements if you don’t want to. No one is forcing you but you do.

6. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    Maybe they'll add the Monza doors to the 812VS=)

JTSE30 likes this.
  7. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Thank you, I wasn't aware of the possibility of a private preview this year.

8. aobao1993

aobao1993 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2017
    sure?!

456-boy likes this.
  9. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    sure of what? nobody is sure of anything nowadays
    but if you have different information you are welcome to share with us

10. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I heard 812 VS will also launch this year, I did not hear about the other 2 cars you mentioned but, that certainly does not mean they won't come as I just took less interest in those cars so did not ask about them

11. ale75

ale75 Karting

Oct 4, 2004
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Alessandro
    Maybe ferr9000 can help us... :))

Thecadster and of2worlds like this.
  12. Dilusha

Dilusha Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Ale, is the F167 mid engined? :)

13. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Is he still around?

14. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    All theoretical for me. No way I will be offered an allocation. But I think I will be happy with an F8 and 812SF! That’s already more than I ever dreamt possible!!!

LARRYH, stavura, Lagunae92 and 3 others like this.
  15. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    of2worlds likes this.
  16. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
  17. 599freak

599freak Rookie

Mar 12, 2008
    Anyone here know what is an expected retail price for this VS? And what price one could get one say a year later on the used market?

18. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I imagine they will be between 500K and 600K and likely 100k+ on resale for at least a year or so. I also dont believe it will hurt the TDF which is a different car and likely to be more raw and limited in numbers.

19. mycatisholdingmehostage

Jan 19, 2018
    Full Name:
    Alex
    The current thinking from some reputable sources is that the 812vs is actually more raw and just as limited as the TDF

wrs and bearmdjd like this.
  20. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    #2320 Albert-LP, Aug 24, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2020
    The 812 VS mule is often on the road for testing. It happened that I found it on the road several times when I was driving around Maranello: it was only for a second or so every time, but I can say without any doubt that it sounds like a Ferrari and not like a Tesla. I don't own an 812 so I cannot be accurate in comparing the two sounds, but my first impression is that is more or less the same sound I'm used to hear when I crossed the production 812SF/GTS during the before delivery road testings.

What I know about the 812VS is that it's better looking than the SF (this is my opinion having seen something) and it's faster (this I was told). In my opinion everyone that owns an SF will like it and would like to own one too.

Ciao

PS
    Who doesn't believe me, can come here and take the "pedemontana" road or the Modena-Sassuolo highway or wait some time at the Grizzaga roundabout aside the Factory main gate: almost every day there is the 812VS mule and the V6 hybrid F8 replacement mule under testing. It's not difficult at all to meet (and hear) them.

21. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Who won't believe you ? local "Carparazzis" are the best source of information ... thanks a lot for the post.

22. mepassione

mepassione Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    I was actually told the car will probably launch sometime next year but that might just be the official launch not sure about the possibility of private previews this year

23. KenU

KenU Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Alberto, I was wondering if you have seen the recent videos/photos with the altered lower rear-end of an 812SF and if this is the VS you're referring to what you have seen? Or is it something else that you've seen that has NOT been posted on social media and forums, etc?

ingegnere likes this.
  24. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    VS launch should be next year since they just started GTS delivery. But time is ticking and they are in the hurry for sure.

25. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    The mule I saw and heard is that: I can write this here, as it travels on public roads and everyone here can see it. Then there are things I can't write, sorry, but I already wrote the summary in a previous post. I prefer to say that the F12VS was faster and better looking than the F12 standard despite being always an F12...

Ciao