Who else has anger issues towards Cameron in Ferris Bueller's Day Off | FerrariChat

Who else has anger issues towards Cameron in Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by dbdreams, Aug 23, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dbdreams

dbdreams Karting

Nov 6, 2003
    Hayden, Alabama, USA
    Full Name:
    David W. Burnett, Jr.
    Who else has anger issues towards the Cameron in Ferris Bueller's Day Off because of what he did to the Ferrari? Seriously as iconic as that movie is I remember seeing the movie when I was 16, really enjoying it, but then at the end having anger and emotional issues with the guy who played Cameron because of what he did to the Ferrari. For years I didn't even like him in other movies he was in. I didn't like him simply because of his role in a movie. lol

2. jjp11

jjp11 Karting

Sep 1, 2013
    Lol, well if it makes you feel any better, the car was just a replica... And supposedly a lousy one at that.

Sent from my SM-G981V using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. OmegaPO8500

OmegaPO8500 Rookie

Sep 19, 2014
    I was gonna say..... I don’t think it was real. Mind you in the context of the film and why he did it (to actually get his father’s attention and have a real chat about their relationship) one should remember that family > than any material object. I cannot imagine how it would feel if my father cared for a car more than me (and made it obvious). So, no I can’t say I have any negative feelings toward his actions. “Let my Cameron goooooooo.”

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Michael_Davis and 19633500GT like this.
  4. vincep99

vincep99 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2009
    Funny you should post, I just saw it again yesterday.

Never mind Cameron, what about the two yahoos in the parking garage?

Even tho it is a replica, I hate to see cars abused.

I have to leave the room or fast-forward when Christine gets trashed

I am OK though with Vanishing Point because the bad part only lasts a second (and it is a replica as well)

5. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

I know..................I'm still pissed at Patrick Swayze for screwing Kelly Lynch up against the wall in Road House.

dbdreams likes this.
  6. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Meh. The car was a replica and a pretty bad one. Im actually glad to see it end up where it did.

7. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    ANYONE who would think that was a "real Ferrari" has clearly never seen the "real Ferrari" model it's supposed to be - even in a photo.

Jedi

8. Booker

Booker Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Miami 2018

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    Not mad just disappointed

9. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Seinfeld talks to Matthew Broadrick about the car in one of his latest comedians in cars getting coffee... it was in deed a replica, they had several for the movie.... back then a Cali Spider would have been a $150-$200 k car to use... why they used a McBurnie replica ??? or why not a new TR or something like that..... you would never fit Cameron behind the seats in a real Cali... but I do like Sloan in the movie!!!!

BLAMPEE likes this.
  10. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Mad at Cameron!! You should be mad at Ferris and the lot attendant. Ferris is a jerk that hurts everyone in his way and does not care about the results. Cameron was the straw that made the car fall out the window but if Ferris didn't pressure him to take the car in the first place it would have never happened. Also if Cameron wasn't so scared of the beating that he was going to get from his father he would not of had the break down.

Michael_Davis likes this.
  11. Michael_Davis

Michael_Davis Karting

Aug 17, 2020
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Michael Davis
    ^ All of this. Ferris was the bad guy in the movie. We just didn't know it at the time because we were idiot teenagers.

Too bad Ed Rooney turned out to be the bad guy IRL :-(

12. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    What?!? Two hours of mindless drinking, brawling, and general redneckery, plus the lovely Ms. Lynch. Classic Swayze, only surpassed by Next of Kin!

OK, back on topic, I'm with the Ferris haters. He's a smart aleck, little twerp who needed a good butt kicking...T

Michael_Davis likes this.
  13. Michael_Davis

Michael_Davis Karting

Aug 17, 2020
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Michael Davis
    They say there's three stages of growing up. 1.) You identify with Ferris. 2.) You identify with Cameron. 3.) You identify with Ed Rooney.

Me, I'm stuck in 2 at 50, and I'm OK with that.

kes7u and tomc like this.
  14. dbdreams

dbdreams Karting

Nov 6, 2003
    Hayden, Alabama, USA
    Full Name:
    David W. Burnett, Jr.
    I mean I was only 16 years old when the movie came out and when I saw it for the 1st time I had no idea the car was a fake but even still, I can't imagine purposely doing damage to a vehicle like that

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using FerrariChat.com mobile app