Annnd she's here! (+some recommendations, pls?) | FerrariChat

Annnd she's here! (+some recommendations, pls?)

Discussion in '348/355' started by Michael_Davis, Aug 23, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Michael_Davis

Michael_Davis Karting

Aug 17, 2020
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Michael Davis
    #1 Michael_Davis, Aug 23, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2020
    I can't believe I didnt take a single picture, I was so excited. Only got to drive her a few blocks, because no license plate yet. And only got that because my neighborhood streets are too narrow for an 18 wheeler to navigate.

The good: Paint looks solid, everything seems to work, and I have 2-3 years before a major is due. Both sets of wheels (the originals and the chrome 360 starfish) made it without getting beat up.

The bad. Ugh, mouse motor belts. Paperwork is racing the clock to get here before my DMV appointment tomorrow. Tires (both sets) are dated and need replacing, no tool kit, and no top boot, though I knew all that going into this, and the car was priced accordingly.

The ugly: The &@*#!$ shipper took a nick and a chunk out of the front diffuser. Getting a quote and supposedly they are paying it. Not holding my breath.

SO yeah, any Orlando area owners know of a good body shop? I'm sure FoCFL will be insane, and I don't want the shipper to look at the estimate and stop taking my calls.

Also tire shop you trust with chrome wheels?

2. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #2 Ferrarium, Aug 23, 2020
    Without pictures its just a pack of lies! :p

BTW the first thing I would do is check the steering rack outer bushing by wiggling the passenger side wheel with the front off the ground (they disintegrate then people drive the cars and complain the handle awful and are darty and scary) then replace all relays and fuses and bulbs to ensure they are correct and whats there fuse/relay wise is 25+ years old then set/check ride height correct per the manual (people lower the fronts for looks and destroy the handling) and then align it. I love the mouse belts.:)

Congrats! Whats the color?

Sent using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. Michael_Davis

Michael_Davis Karting

Aug 17, 2020
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Michael Davis
    I'll get one this evening after it's cooled off a bit, and I've had a chance to wash her. You wouldn't want a lady rushed out of her dressing room before she's ready, would you?

4. Michael_Davis

Michael_Davis Karting

Aug 17, 2020
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Michael Davis
    #4 Michael_Davis, Aug 23, 2020
    OK, I lied. Exhausted. Was in the truck racing home all night because the car came in a day early, and I was off delivering the Corvette I just sold to finance this magnificent lunacy called Ferrari ownership. I'll catch it tomorrow after work.

EDIT OK, one quick one. Garage is an absolute wreck, as I need to reorient everything to allow for a shorter but wider car.

Attached Files:

Sammi likes this.
  5. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Ahh yes the black spider. Did car fax show that sold 2 years ago, almost bought an identical one. Interesting its debadged.

Very nice btw.

Sent using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Michael_Davis likes this.
  6. Michael_Davis

Michael_Davis Karting

Aug 17, 2020
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Michael Davis
    Thank you. She's very solid cosmetically, and seems to be mechanically as well. You're right! I hadn't noticed the model name missing from the deck lid. :-X Color is the non-metallic Nero over an all black interior.

7. Michael_Davis

Michael_Davis Karting

Aug 17, 2020
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Michael Davis
    Oooh, and the license plate "RMPANTE" is available, as is "CVLLINO"!

Who has other good vanity plate ideas that reflect the heritage?

8. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Welcome to the 348 Brotherhood.

9. nismodrifter

nismodrifter Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2008
    YYC/YVR
    Full Name:
    Navdeep
    95? If so, it's not debadged. Never came with one.

10. Michael_Davis

Michael_Davis Karting

Aug 17, 2020
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Michael Davis
    Ah, was not aware of that. Can see why, as it was the year of "Hey, lets make the outgoing model and the incoming model too!"

11. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
  12. Michael_Davis

Michael_Davis Karting

Aug 17, 2020
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Michael Davis
    Thank you! She's in better shape than I'd have thought possible, and everything seems to work. Buying a Ferrari from across the country without a PPI wa realy dumb, but so far it's working out. Taking her to Bruce at Maranello AUtosport next week, hopefully, to have him give her a once-over and tell me if there's anything that needs doing. Her last major was just under three years ago, so I have a minute to enjoy her company before I have to write that check.