California T Capristo Exhaust - anyone in South Central Ohio have one installed | FerrariChat

California T Capristo Exhaust - anyone in South Central Ohio have one installed

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by swiftar, Aug 23, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. swiftar

swiftar Rookie

Aug 23, 2020
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Have had my California T for about 3 months now. Love it! Would like more exhaust.

I hear the Capristo is a good option.

Anyone in Cinci area, Columbus Area have one?

Would love to hear how it sounds on the car and compare to the stock option.

2. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    I love the sound of my Portofino engine with Tubi mufflers. They use the stock exhaust valves. I have a Capristo controller for when I want to keep the valves open for a little extra snarl.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. swiftar

swiftar Rookie

Aug 23, 2020
    Full Name:
    Ron

I see Tubi indicates only approved for off road use. Interesting. Assume that means it is really loud.

Any video of your set? How much for acquisition and installation? Do you think you can easily return to original when time to sell?

4. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    No performance mufflers are legal for street use,so no manufacturer can call them "approved for road use". I paid about $3900 from Vivid Racing,and they bolt on (and off).

5. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    I think Tubi makes the HS Speciale mufflers for the factory, they sound great and are not off-road only, of course. I put them on my car and they add a nice burble to the exhaust, sounds deeper and better at idle, definitely better on the throttle but not loud enough to disturb the nieghbors (I think ;)). Harry from Harry's Garage described them as sounding "proper grunty" for a Ferrari when he reviewed the Cali T HS Speciale.

6. jopke

jopke Rookie

Aug 18, 2014
    #6 jopke, Aug 24, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2020
    That is a great video, thanks for posting it. I hadn't seen that one. As a perspective Cali T buyer that was a good one.

7. russellmcg

russellmcg Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 3, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Russell McGuire
    I am on the hunt for a T as well and am about to watch this.

8. russellmcg

russellmcg Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 3, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Russell McGuire
    Good video! Actually made me confirm that I do not want the HS package.

9. jopke

jopke Rookie

Aug 18, 2014
    I feel compelled to reply that I typed that very quickly and I know the difference between "prospective" and "perspective" LOL

10. pingi3

pingi3 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 27, 2009
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Quack
    Just had a local shop install a Capristo w/ remote on mine. Much better than stock. Wife approved. Not as loud as my Huracan obviously. But load enough to enjoy more so than stock.

whatheheck likes this.
  11. swiftar

swiftar Rookie

Aug 23, 2020
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Just got back from a 1000 mile road trip in the Cali T. Mountains of NC and TN. It was awesome! The stock exhaust sounded amazing in the tunnels. still thinking about the Capristo. Anyone installed themself?

12. Mafiaboy1975

Mafiaboy1975 Formula Junior

Aug 10, 2019
    South Africa
    Full Name:
    Mick
    Yeah I installed mine it’s a quick install rear wheels off. Rear wheel arch cover and you can remove the old cans and install the new ones via the gap. If you want to add the remote the bumper must come off. That’s fairly quick too. Just watch out for the DAB antenna on the left side if you have a EUR /UK spec car.

Plug and play. I wired mine into the boot on the right side.

With the bumper it’s about an hour and a half job if you have all the correct tools.

You will need a special socket head to loosen the exhaust clamp. Its a female star torq socket to remove it.

Car can sit on jack stands. More than enough space to work and slide in under.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

whatheheck likes this.
  13. swiftar

swiftar Rookie

Aug 23, 2020
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Bought my Capristo Exhaust remote on Black Friday. Got it for 10% off (580 versus 650). Had the dealer install to keep my warranty intact. Charge was $1000. They had to take the rear bumper off to install - thus the high cost for such a simple mod.

Really notice louder more open lower note at low RPM's with butterfly open. At high RPM's no difference from stock. It has been too cold since installed to enjoy with the top down. Can't wait until a pretty day to give it a try.

I would recommend looking at the Carpisto web site on black friday - they had the exhaust - normally 4500 at 3800. Net - I think the black friday sell is a great opportunity if you can wait that long.

whatheheck likes this.