Fuses for right hand drive QV | FerrariChat

Fuses for right hand drive QV

Discussion in '308/328' started by Transient, Aug 21, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Transient

Transient Karting

Sep 6, 2007
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    transient
    Hi guys,
    I have a right hand drive 308 qv but my manual depicts a left hand drive.
    Are the fuses on the left bank and the right bank the same location regardless of left hand or right hand drive?
    If they are different, can anyone send me a pic of a right hand drive fuse box depicting the location of the fuses on the left and right banks?

Thanks in advance....

2. Sean308

Sean308 Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2011
    Victoria, Australia
    Full Name:
    Sean
    I have an 83 RHD QV and updated my fuses to the Birdman styles ones about 5 years ago and think they are in same order only on opposite side. But I will double check for you tomorrow and take a photo if you need it.

3. Sean308

Sean308 Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2011
    Victoria, Australia
    Full Name:
    Sean
    When I updated I used the glass fuses, but notices recently on ferrarichat someone is making the blade type fusebox, which would be the way to go now I think.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

4. TurtleFarmer

TurtleFarmer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 13, 2020
    Full Name:
    Jason S
    The two fuse blocks on the RHD cars are the "same" as the LHD vehicles...except they are swapped in position.

In other words, in a LHD vehicle (fuses are under the dash on the right side of the vehicle), the factory white fuse block is on the left and the black fuse block is on the right. In a RHD vehicle (fuses are under the dash on the left side of the vehicle), the factory white fuse block is on the right and the black fuse block is on the left.

This was done to keep the wiring harness the same between LHD and RHD vehicles. Basically, that harness comes down the center tunnel and the fuse connections either go to the right (for a LHD vehicle) or to the left (for a RHD vehicle). Since the wiring that goes to the white fuse block is "shorter" than the wiring that goes to the black fuse block, the factory needed to keep the white fuse block *closer* to the center tunnel and the black fuse block *further*.

The owner's manual flat out lies for the RHD vehicles w.r.t. the fuse/relay layout...it was written for LHD vehicles and re-purposed for the RHD vehicles.

Also, as @Sean308 indicated, there is a new design that uses modern mini-blade fuses (ATM fuses)...and I'm the idiot who designed it. It replaces the 2 block design with a single block. After a request for a RHD version of the block, I literally just got the first production RHD boards back from the manufacturer last week. You can PM me if interested. Here's the link if you want to follow along gory details.

Grim Reaper tr likes this.
  5. Sean308

Sean308 Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2011
    Victoria, Australia
    Full Name:
    Sean