Gatlinburg Question... | FerrariChat

Gatlinburg Question...

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by jimshadow, Aug 24, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    Taking an Anniversary trip to Gatlinburg in a couple weeks. Curious if it's safe to drive an exotic down there and stay? Cabin is pretty secluded for the most part....that won't be an issue. Curious how the town is if we go in to the stores/attractions/etc.....

Thoughts?

Jim

2. SLViper1

SLViper1 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2014
    Nashville/Destin
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Gatlinburg is a great place to visit and drive your sports cars. With the Annual rod run and “Tail of the Dragon “ exotics are common. Plenty of off street parking to walk the downtown strip.
    Enjoy the drive through the park
    Happy Anniversary!

jimshadow likes this.
  3. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    Thanks Steve! I drove the Tail last year, which was a total blast! Looking forward to taking the car down and staying in Gatlinburg! Appreciate the info.

Jim

4. LBBP

LBBP Formula Junior

My suggestion is avoid weekends and holidays, traffic can be atrocious and parking can be limited. Pigeon Forge is even worse on those stated days. It's a popular place due to the less restrictive Covid nonsense, the downtown area has very touristy (t-shirt, novelty, etc.) stores throughout, but the driving in the area is decent. The Dragon (on weekends especially) is covered up with motorcycles and tourists, you might research alternative driving areas near the Dragon as an alternative.

5. AD211

AD211 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2017
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Andy
    We were there 3 weeks ago just for one night and stayed in a cabin in G Falls on a Tuesday. I was very surprised at the crowds walking up and down the sidewalks in downtown Gatlinburg. It was very busy and parking was tough to find. I wouldn’t bring my fun car to that area but would certainly enjoy the roads outside of downtown. Maybe Uber to the downtown shops, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat