488 - Question from a neewbie to 488 owners | FerrariChat

488 Question from a neewbie to 488 owners

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Broadoaker, Aug 25, 2020.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Broadoaker

Broadoaker Rookie

Aug 11, 2020
    SW England or SW France
    Full Name:
    Christopher Eden
    I collected my 488 2 weeks ago, the day before going on holiday and returned home yesterday evening. I've washed the bird **** off paintwork that was pristine when I left it and have suspended another tarpaulin from the garage roof to catch future droppings. I've also stuck some foam sheets on the concrete garage wall to stop the driver door getting damaged when I open it.

I was relieved to see that the charger was working when I returned, having spent 20 minutes trying to get the thing to work initially. It seems that you need to connect the charger to the car before connecting the charger to the mains power. The passenger side wing mirror adjustment motor now seems to be behaving, having not done so when I first tried it, albeit at motorway speed - it could be that my control inputs were a bit coarse.

I've also replaced the battery in one of the tracker fobs to allow it to be recognised Vodafone Automotive (UK), who took 25 minutes, 2 phone calls and 2 engine starts (I don't know why either but they did) to get me registered.

My question to you old hands is am I missing some carpet where the 'laser CO2' is adorning the footwell to the right of the accelerator? I can't believe that this was part of Ferrari's design for the 488 but thought it wise to check with you guys before phoning the dealer. Is there anything else that I should know (I read the manual twice on holiday - SW France is mainly rural and encourages this sort of behaviour) about the 488 and Ferrari dealers apart from enjoy the car but avoid blue flashing lights?

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Ferrari Tech

Ferrari Tech Formula 3

Mar 5, 2010
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Wade Williams
    You are not missing carpet. That is a stainless steel panel for foot rub as you drive. It has the protective plastic that comes on the stainless material it is made from. You can peel the white cover off or leave it. I like the stainless look after it is removed.

LVP488 likes this.
  3. Broadoaker

Broadoaker Rookie

Aug 11, 2020
    SW England or SW France
    Full Name:
    Christopher Eden
    Thanks - your reply has stopped me from looking like a prat!

4. mustangtornado

Dec 19, 2014
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Welcome to the 488 club, what a beautiful region to enjoy the car in! Love your spec, carbon, carbon and more carbon.

5. Broadoaker

Broadoaker Rookie

Aug 11, 2020
    SW England or SW France
    Full Name:
    Christopher Eden
    Thanks. Yes, the first/previous owner seemed quite keen on it!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    #6 scott61, Aug 25, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2020

Attached Files:

7. Broadoaker

Broadoaker Rookie

Aug 11, 2020
    SW England or SW France
    Full Name:
    Christopher Eden
    Thanks for pointing this out - I'll have a closer look in the footwell tomorrow.

8. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Welcome and what a great looking 488GTB...awesome spec!

9. jdlegg

jdlegg Karting

Dec 22, 2009
    Bryan
    Full Name:
    James D
    I've had my 488 for 8 months and still haven't removed the plastic covering. Perhaps one day...

gmo28 likes this.
  10. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    The next owner will appreciate you keeping it on for them :)

jdlegg and Art138 like this.
  11. Mighty Joe

Mighty Joe Formula 3

Sep 3, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Welcome to Club 488! You will love it! Congrats on a great spec!

12. gmo28

gmo28 Rookie

Apr 14, 2019
    I have had mine for a year and a half and havent even thought about it until now. lol

jdlegg likes this.