100 push ups a day | Page 6 | FerrariChat

100 push ups a day

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by SoCal to az, Apr 20, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bamaman

bamaman Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2015
    Mobile Alabama
    Full Name:
    William M (B.J.) Lyon, Jr.
    FYI--a friend of mine used the push up handles and destroyed his thumb joints. I do my pushups with hands flat on the floor.

MillJen91 and spicedriver like this.
  2. fedcoin

fedcoin Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 11, 2017
    absostone, Autolove and rob5819 like this.
  3. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    I just finished 90 days of Body Beast. I did 100 the day after, and banged out 40 in a row. Could have done a few more, but definitely the most I’ve ever attempted. Finishing to 100 was easy with a few sets of 20. More tomorrow. Maybe 200.

4. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
    I haven't gone quite so minimal, BUT...there is a lot to working out less. I have known that for years, but I was still doing a bit too much for me, apparently. COVID home workouts have forced me to be more creative and concise - typically three or four sets of two very beneficial exercises per body part - and I'm extremely happy with the results. I have been doing a lot more pushups myself. Feet elevated with a weighted vest using handles for more stretch is a great second upper body move!

MK11 likes this.
  5. MyBackHurts

MyBackHurts Rookie

Aug 11, 2021
    Wanted to pile on and say thanks for posting this.
    Have been at it for a month and a half, results are really something. Took a while to work up to 100 regular pushups; now up to 50 regular and 50 with the perfect pushup.

If you're thinking about trying this out: do it.

Thecadster and SoCal to az like this.
  6. nismodrifter

nismodrifter Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2008
    YYC/YVR
    Full Name:
    Navdeep
    Great thread. I just did 50 here at work. Looking forward to making this a routine.

7. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I fell off the wagon on this. Been doing some other workouts. But tonight I’m starting up again. 100 done. Will try to keep it up daily! Let’s go!

JSinNOLA likes this.
  8. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Ok- 100 done for the day. Gonna try to keep this going and keep myself accountable.

JSinNOLA likes this.
  9. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Thinking I might have to join in on this myself…

Had gotten into a good routine of Orange Theory 3-4x per week before Covid but fell off totally. Just started hitting the tread again a couple of weeks ago and am working into a rhythm.

Might pick up a rower, as that was by far my strongest point at Orange Theory.

10. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I did orange theory for a couple of years. Very good program but we stopped going. Always good to mix things up.

11. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Check out Reaxin. I'm going to start putting these systems in my gyms. May also take the relationship further in the US.

12. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I've been doing this M, W, F now for a while. Not sure I want to do it every day and over-do it. It's pretty good stress relief on a lunch break at work.

13. Maximus1977

Maximus1977 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2016
    I'l be the last to dismiss exercising. However doing 100 pushups every day is great for....push up technique!
    You become great at one single exercise and not much else.
    Initial results will come fast and hard and as most would agree somehow with relative ease.
    However the body is an amazing stress coping machine, so when you becoem good at something the body will not respond anymore.
    AKA the much famed 'newbie gains'.
    If you want the results to continue then start different push up technique's like inclise, decline, drop sets, negatives, etc. keep switching it up is vital here.
    As mentioned, add in some pull ups, dips and squats and you have a near full body program.
    If you want to build muscle/lose body fat, diet becomes even more important....

Gh21631 likes this.
  14. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    is anyone consistently doing 300+ pushups a day? i got to 50 6x a die and wanted to shoot myself.

15. Maximus1977

Feb 13, 2016
    That would never be smart to do so each and every day.
    Recipe for injuries....

Skidkid and Dewinator like this.
  16. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
  17. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    So if you are a complete fat ass, start the 100 push ups to get the easy gains, get motivated and move on to something else. Some of us are getting up there in age and frankly I just have the energy, strength, motivation that I used to. I’m using this as a kick start and will be incorporating other exercises as well once I get back into my zone

18. Maximus1977

Feb 13, 2016
    Well, kinda.
    I'm just saying that just doing push ups as your sole exercise is not enough/very limited. Virtually anyone can do 100 push ups a day, yet the laws of diminishing returns quickly enter.
    It's a great way to either start a plan or do when you are time constraint/vacation/no access to a gym.
    Regular pus ups can be made quite challenging by incorporating different technique's. Loads to see on Youtube.
    Want to be a badd @Ass, try to do 25 decline explosive push ups between benches....

Again, it's great to start the journey, but the end goal should never be a certain number or weight. Keep chaninging so that it's not about the goal, but more about the journey. (yes, I know how that sounds...!)

19. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    #144 SoCal to az, Dec 27, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2021
    Yes. I know it’s all about the journey and this is for me a good way to get back on the journey.

listen- I don’t disagree with what you are saying- but instead of coming here and being a Debbie downer, How about rephrasing what you are saying.

Instead of saying push-ups suck- you can say- great job on the push ups guys. Keep that journey going and don’t forget to eventually move on and add variety as you don’t want your body to get into adaption mode.

See? Same message but given differently. The last thing that someone like me who is trying to lose 20 some odd pounds and get motivated to work out regularly again is to hear that what I’m doing sucks and is not going to work.

AD211 and BMW.SauberF1Team like this.
  20. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    are you guys setting the goal to 100 pushups a day or 100 pushups in one go? i think the goal is the latter.

21. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Eventually 100 in a row. I was close before- got to like 65 in a row and then fell off the wagon.

22. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    same. i got to 52 and was like f this

23. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I am doing it as 4 sets of 25 (10 minutes total) and do it during my regular workout. I could do more, but I don't want to over-do it especially since I'm doing other exercises that same hour of the day. Even with regular weight lifting I find a weight that I can do 8-12 reps for 3-5 sets and leave it at that rather than aim for a lot of reps.

Right now I'm trying to focus on my diet more...this dang Halloween to New Years time period is hard for me to stick to my one cheat meal a week routine...I was able to do that between Thanksgiving and Xmas and lost weight, but this past weekend reversed it probably haha.

24. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    Well I apologize if I come across as being harsh. I do know I am very direct by nature. I actually applauded several times that the push up is a great exercise. One that can replace many machines and has a place in many programs. Heck, I do a variation of it at least one time per week.
    My point was more to help people get more bang for their buck with the same effort. Training smarter; not harder.

So I’ll say it again, the push up is a great, great way to get started on the journey and has it’s place in many advanced/elite programs as well. Point is keep on evolving and not put al effort and focus on a single exercise once you master it.

SoCal to az likes this.
  25. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    Push ups can be a great finisher for any chest program. But remember to do them last in your routine. If you do these as a start or mid way, youwill spend a lot of energy on to much volume. Do them last and reap more benefits.

Skidkid and BMW.SauberF1Team like this.