599 I Pod retrofit | FerrariChat

599 I Pod retrofit

Discussion in '612/599' started by Thanos Deriziotis, Aug 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Thanos Deriziotis

May 18, 2020
    Full Name:
    Thanos Deriziotis
    My 599 original stereo does not have an I Phone connector does anyone know if I can retrofit one.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    If yours is the Becker 6105 or similar then yes - lots of threads here & in 360/430 section - look also at beckerautosound site (after their vacation)

Corrected to add that I don't know if a wire with the little Apple plug is easily available but the old large one used to be no problem

3. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I replaced mine with a Kenwood non CD player that fits perfect with a Blue Tooth ... for about $400... it was about 1/2 day install at Car Tunes of Atlanta... works flawlessly, and they also fitted mic for hand free talk. the head unit comes with a pig tail that is tucked behind the pass. foot well, and it has a USB right in the radio so you can charge your phone - or do Apple i tunes / car play from your phone... works great. When I bought the car my radio cover would not close fully... so now it does.

4. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I would suggest that what you really want is bluetooth audio rather than an iPod connection, and there should be many different ways to achieve that. Does it have an aux input?

5. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Various solutions exists to plug a Bluetooth adapter into the cd changer connector. These range from simple adapter that make your Becker into a Bluetooth stereo, to more complex ones that allow you to control tracks, make calls and display music info.

For me this is much nicer than putting in a modern stereo. The Becker, such as it is, is in keeping with the rest of the interior.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

nart likes this.