C washers - where used? | FerrariChat

C washers - where used?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by DanNE, Aug 4, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DanNE

DanNE Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2013
  2. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    spacers for the bumpers I believe, to make sure everything lines up.

3. Bob Zambelli

Bob Zambelli F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Manning, SC
    Full Name:
    Robert G. Zambelli
    To shim “A” arms where they’re bolted to the frame.

4. DanNE

DanNE Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2013
    Hi can somebody take a picture of how one of these is installed for the bumper or other body parts that use these shims?

5. 348Jeff

348Jeff Formula 3

Oct 25, 2011
    UK
    Full Name:
    Jeff
  6. 348Jeff

348Jeff Formula 3

Oct 25, 2011
    UK
    Full Name:
    Jeff
  7. DanNE

DanNE Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2013
    Thank you that is very helpful! Do you guys know how these could possibly be used on a body component? The attached picture shows #55 is such a shim
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. Llenroc

Llenroc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Vern
    The first washer is an alignment shim as discussed above, my 308s, 512TR, 348 and 355 all used this type. later cars are a little different. The second washer was used to adjust the outside door cove/panel on my 355. The third is a body washer but I can’t remember which car it was used on either the 355 or 512? Hope that helps.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. DanNE

DanNE Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2013
    Yes absolutely, the third one is what I am talking about/looking at but I can't figure out how it fits at the top/front of the bumper on a California where the bumper meets the cross member - at least what the diagram shows.

I assume it may go between the back side of the bumper and the metal body support from the frame such as to line up the bumper with the other body part(s)?

Thank you all for your help.

10. Llenroc

Llenroc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Vern
    something to remember is that every car would be different, ie; one car might need two washers at one point of alignment and another may need nothing. The door coves on my 355 had several on the drivers side and one at one point on the passenger side.
    You are correct in what you are saying above in your second paragraph.