Autumn 2020 | FerrariChat

Autumn 2020

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by A348W, Aug 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Bit quiet in here so I thought I’d see what people are up to this autumn/ fall.

There seems to be a few events happening now, so it will be nice to get back out and about.

I‘m doing the following (anybody else?)
    - This Saturday, some Cotswold super car club thing at the Classic Car Hub;
    - 12 September, cars and beans at Kemble airfield (an event put on by one of the sponsors of Drivers Union);
    - 26 September salon prive (Going with Drivers Union as the FOC were crap!)
    - 3 October, Morgan factory tour, put on by SCC.

After that, I suspect it will be time to think about what winter projects I’ll be doing on the cars!

2. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    Concours of elegance, Hampton Court 6/9 (Bentley)

Salon Prive, Blenheim Palace, 26/9 (Ferrari)

A348W likes this.
  3. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Not a lot going on next month :)

5th of sept, Hampton court Concourse of elegance

6th test driving new F8 at Millbrook

13th the Ferrari Owners Club big picnic

15th test driving new Roma at Goodwood

26th Salon Prive at Blenheim Palace FOC

Tackleberry and A348W like this.
  4. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    pilotoCS and gt4me like this.
  5. ohared

ohared Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 14, 2009
    Hi,

Did a very nice early morning run with some fellow Drivers Union guys on Saturday. I have signed up with DU (not FOC) to do Salon Prive.
    Dermot
    Oxford

6. derekmines

derekmines Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2013
    Melksham, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek
    Absolutely nothing planned. :-(

I actually drove my car yesterday for the first time since May, a journey of 6 miles to go see some friends for dinner.

7. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    I have two spare tickets for the Concours at Hampton Court next Sunday, 6th. September going begging - no longer taking guests, just the wife. Does anyone want them? First come, first served.

8. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    #8 Bluebottle, Sep 7, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
    Great day at Hampton Court yesterday. Not so many cars as last year, but still some really interesting ones, including a fine showing of Ferrari race cars. Not so many people either, which made it that much more pleasurable.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

This was the overall winner of the concours:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

And this one's for you, Adrian:

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Lots more photos here https://photos.app.goo.gl/PXdFuhVL3nrdyubu6

9. Y not

Y not Karting

Sep 22, 2018
    Full Name:
    G2
    “Remote” Le Mans 24hr with some Cotswolds/Hereford/Wye area touring in a couple of weeks before watching the race at a mates place. Not the same but something automotive with mates at least..

Means missing the Classic Car Drive in Weekend at Bicester Heritage though...lots of good movies on for that.

10. Tackleberry

Tackleberry Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 11, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Dusting off the cobwebs this month.

12th F8 test drive at Goodwood
    15th Roma test drive at Goodwood

Conveniently just up the road - well an hours blast - from me, so why not indulge :)

Y not likes this.
  11. Y not

Y not Karting

Sep 22, 2018
    Full Name:
    G2
    Might pop in for a mooch at Goodwood as a coffee at the aero cafe is always a good pitstop.

Tackleberry likes this.
  12. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    This weekend a little cars and coffee at Kemble (redline) followed by tea and cake at the Classic Car Hub in a FOC meet.

Will take the 348 as the 355 is in for a service and some bits. Be good to compare as I’ve only had the 355 a month and that’s been hogging my attention!

13. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    I didn't realise you now have a 355, too - nice! Version? Colour? Will you be keeping the 348?

14. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Well, I wasn’t looking for a 355. A chance conversation on a WhatsApp group on the Drivers Union and somebody said they were looking for a boat. I put up a picture of mine up and said it’s for sale. He then asked if I would consider a 355 as part ex against it.

Fast forward a month and I have a 355 in the garage! I have a 2 year grace period from the boss and will have to let one go!!!!

I certainly wasn’t looking for a 355, and certainly not a yellow lhd one. But a few European trips planned next year, fingers crossed and masks on, it has a definite purpose. It’s also growing on me and I think actually looks stunning in the flesh!

Paint is fantastic with full self healing ppf, the interior needs a little work (too much sun) and I’m trying to find trimmers at the moment, but other than that the speed and noise is addictive!!!

Thought of you the other day as I took the missus out to an early morning coffee in the water park. Was last minute but will give you a shout next time if you are up that way.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    Very good move IMO. They look well together - I would keep both if I were you!;)

16. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Definitely glad to be out of the boat. Will miss it, but with everything going (Covid and Brexit) on I just couldn’t see it selling until at least this time next year = £8k of storage/ mooring fees before we even maintain it, let alone use it.

Might be my plan to keep both! But I couldn’t possibly say :)

17. Y not

Y not Karting

Sep 22, 2018
    Full Name:
    G2
    Lord March likes his shooting. Watch out for game birds close to the circuit. It’s now the shooting season and there were about 500 grey partridge and some suicidal pheasants on the quieter B roads around there last night.

Tackleberry likes this.