Show me your Portifino | FerrariChat

Show me your Portifino

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Zarakoff, Aug 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Zarakoff

Zarakoff Rookie

Jul 8, 2020
    Uk
    Full Name:
    Ian Curley
    As title show us your Portifino
    What options did you go for ? And what are the must have options ie shields etc unsure to order a new one with the options I want or go for a used one with good options
    A £200 k car 12 months old can be had for £160k So it’s a hell of a hit in 12 months or so
    But a new one could be the refresh Portifino
    I love the yellow but Rosso Corsa is the safe bet with Daytona creama seats with red piping
    Shields
    Pass display
    Diamond wheels
    Yellow rev counter
    Yellow brakes
    Black carpets
    Black roof
    Prancing horse on the head rest

2. Y not

Y not Karting

Sep 22, 2018
    Full Name:
    G2
    Forgive me for this but if going Rosso, lighter leather, shields, Etc go for a used car as quite a few are speced that way and the premium on new does not make sense. If going with an unusual colour, specific interiors or non standard seats order new and enjoy the ride.

Quite a few threads on here for owners cars....

Also, wait for the new generation spec to be announced in a couple of weeks and decide based on the factual spec. Lots of the old cars will be available over the 12 months it will take for the new ones to start shipping......

SilverLeaf and tomc like this.
  3. SilverLeaf

SilverLeaf Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2011
    Very good advice Y Not. Does it really take a year for the factory to start shipping the new body style after the updates are announced? I would have thought the cutover would happen pretty quickly after the official announcement. I know one member here posted that he was told by his dealer than any orders after July would be the updated spec. That suggests that the factory is in the process of re-tooling the line now.

4. Zarakoff

Zarakoff Rookie

Jul 8, 2020
    Uk
    Full Name:
    Ian Curley
    Thanks . So any orders from now will be the new spec ?
    I think you quite right unless you want something really different go for a slightly used one

5. SilverLeaf

Feb 1, 2011
    Yes, I think so. From what I've seen, most manufacturers start shipping the mid-cycle updates within a matter of weeks to a few months after the announcement. That was also the case when I ordered my last Porsche right around the time of the model transition.

It's a safe bet that any order you place now would be the new body style...in which case you're better off waiting until Sept 16 to determine if you like the new or old body style and spec better. I personally really like the current design - if they make the mid-cycle refresh "softer" with the Roma style headlights, I'll likely flip to searching for a used one. At the rate the Portofino/California are depreciating, you're much better off financially buying used.

6. Zarakoff

Zarakoff Rookie

Jul 8, 2020
    Uk
    Full Name:
    Ian Curley
    Apparently my dealer told me today they have finished production this model Portofino .
    he told me the new one will have the Roma interior digital dash etc with a few external tweaks here and there . But these won’t be coming through till around 12 months time approximately

7. cyr

cyr Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Cy
    Err.....does this mean the refreshed Portofino will be announced on sept 16??

8. SilverLeaf

Feb 1, 2011
    Yes, that's what two members (Blampee and Art_Collector) mentioned in the 2021 Portofino thread on this forum.

9. Y not

Y not Karting

Sep 22, 2018
    Full Name:
    G2
    Good point. I was assuming a net new order rather than someone already on the list or dealers moving allocations around.