For Sale - 2020 Corvettes | Page 4 | FerrariChat

For Sale 2020 Corvettes

Discussion in 'Cars' started by AMG USA, Jul 22, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    wow, what the hell did I click into? Is this Rennlist?

I personally have never paid anything above sticker for a depreciating assest. @AMG USA , your example of house, stock, vintage Ferrari are not accurate because they are not necessarily depreciating assests at all. Your corvettes are.

On the other hand, people have money and they want to spend it the way they want is one thing. Who cares. No one is putting a knife on the buyers neck.

What makes me wonder is why not pay the dealer directly the ADM and cut the middle man?

cairns likes this.
  2. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    If you dont like it, dont buy it - its that simple.

3. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    #78 Gh21631, Aug 23, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2020
    A white C8 was driven towards me today and it looked like a McLaren GT and NSX had a baby. I didnt know what it was until it went by. Pretty exotic looking and only seen a couple to date. It would be great if they limited the models and offered PTS colors so people could have something more special as they start to produce more.

Andynyc likes this.
  4. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    house is an appreciating assets. Almost none of the cars is, except a few that we all know of.

5. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    not always

VAF84, norcal2, Texas Forever and 2 others like this.
  6. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    that is true

Gh21631 likes this.
  7. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    Since I have had two posts deleted in other sale threads for supposedly posting/asking in a negative manner [when in reality I made valid questions that a lot here quoted and liked] I ASSUME that this whole thread will be deleted then. ;) UNLESS this post is also considered negative; which will in turn be deleted anyway........ :)

NuorderSG, Vipmn1 and Texas Forever like this.
  8. Hawaii Brit

Hawaii Brit Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2018
    Vancouver, WA
    These replies are crazy. OP do what you need to do. Market forces will prevail. All power to you AMG guys. Other folks whining aren’t worth your time. There’s a group of buyers out there that will easily pay this modest premium. USA is Built on creative commercial offering and supply & demand. These guys are being transparent and Above board. If you can’t afford it. Move on. If this offends you. Move on.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

9. AMG USA

AMG USA Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Jan 4, 2017
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Atlantis Motor Group
    Thanks everyone for your input. We easily sold the two we posted, and more since.

10. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Well done.

BLAMPEE, rampante550 and Face76 like this.
  11. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
    20k over is cheap, I've seen them selling at the auction for $30k over. I'd probably sell mine for 30k over :)

12. NuorderSG

NuorderSG Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

LOL....ROFL. I needed a good laugh to momentarily forget all the dreary news around us. This made my day.

I am going to sell mine $650K over and get me an SF90.

greg328 and Jakuzzi like this.
  13. NuorderSG

NuorderSG Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Capitalism is not a bad thing... rip-offs, cheats, liars, scammers are a bad thing and this site is great at calling out such bull.

Members here saved me from throwing away $70k to some scammer in Jacksonville FL trying to sell me an iffy, junk 456. That's abt when I joined this site. We are a loyal bunch to Truth, Facts, and Science.

....oh yeah, I already sold 500 C8s at $500K over list, and this is the internet where a link can sell for $20K, because I signed up on the waitlist of every dealer in my county, LOL. So, pm me for wire instructions to send me your kid's college fund.

Jakuzzi likes this.
  14. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    No reason why you can’t pay the dealer directly,albeit with hidden costs thrown in there. If the middle man is a high volume seller,dealer may provide wiggle room to him/her.

Jakuzzi likes this.
  15. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    simple, you are buying an early delivery slot. Those are *already* taken, some with ADM directly by the dealer. If at this point in time you don't have one of those early slots and you want a car early, you are then in the "re-sale" market looking for someone selling their spot or flipping. This isn't a new concept with sports cars...

rampante550 and Texas Forever like this.
  16. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    ofc, not new, but I am tired of hearing about it, even though I always paid msrp for my porsche gt cars. Actually it's just not sports cars, I looked into Ford Raptors one time, and he told me about the ADM, I could not control myself and burst out a small laughter. Sure that's just the market, but it does not mean everyone in the market is smart.

jehu999 likes this.
  17. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    It's not a new concept with concert tickets, either, but people still get angry when they camp out on a line or try to log in at 9 am sharp to buy tickets and find out all the good seats were instantly scooped up by ticket brokers and insiders, who never had any intention of seeing the show, just looking to resell and make a buck. It's a free market. But it does breed resentment among the hoi polloi.

18. OSUferrari

OSUferrari Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    Go buy a raptor now. They are willing to deal. I just bought one. Great truck

IloveGT likes this.
  19. NuorderSG

NuorderSG Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

#94 NuorderSG, Aug 30, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
    So true. People still buy a $500 t.v. on layaway At 21% interest.

The C8 is like a Toyota Corolla, really nothing special. Get them a dime a dozen next year. They might be great cars, but nothing special really.

In a year or two, there will be plenty of them being pushed by guys wearing Hawaiian shirts, Panama hats, and thick gold chains.

I will get one, beat it up on the track sell it. It's just a car....

20. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    If you buy one, beat it up on the track and sell it, that will be the one truism herein stated. Rest of what you posted here is just silly.

arizonaitalian and Face76 like this.
  21. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    I know lots of smart guys (very smart and hardworking) who used their brain to make oodles of money and don’t give any concern to a few tens of thousands one way or the other when buying a car. Time is the most valuable asset on earth and there are very few opptys to literally buy more. Early access to something is one such example. They are far from dumb.

(Such pay for access happens daily at ferrari dealerships in the USA...they can’t charge adm by policy, but they charge for sure, and customers pay the premium daily. And customers buy early flipped ferraris over msrp all the time...from guys on this very site and by guys on this very site)

Thecadster likes this.
  22. NuorderSG

NuorderSG Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

True, but I believe the crux of the argument here is paying such a high premium for This particular car (1) when there is only a temporary scarcity and millions will eventually be made (2) there is no value add for paying the premium (3) the time factor is accounted for by the Time Value of Money...and the time value in this case is extremely excessive and frequently only paid by people who buy carpet with no money down at 45% effective annual interest while their double wide lacks plumbing and they hunt alligators for dinner (4) there is nothing particularly special about the C8. It's just a "nice" car and millions will be eventually be made: The working man's super car.

pearsonhaus likes this.
  23. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    True but those guys including myself arent buying Corvettes

NuorderSG and pearsonhaus like this.
  24. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    You can't get around the fact that the corvette will never be as "exotic" based purely on production numbers, not for long anyway. The C8 will be, briefly, and for that time, that's when they command the premium. Why do Ferraris cost so much? Production numbers and profit margin. If Chevy only made 7000 cars a year, half of them butt ugly and forced on their customers for slots on the desirable cars, at 100% markup, the C8 would be both expensive AND exotic. As it is, the C8 can top $100k for the current base model. Most other cars that reach the performance figures of hypercars for less than $100k usually need apologize for shortcomings. Don't even get me started on the GTR. The C8 needn't apologize for anything. It's not the working man's super car, it's the American supercar. I've been through half a dozen Ferraris now, always buy them a few years in and hold for a couple so I'm not around for the dash leather to detach. My slot for a C8 comes up in April, at MSRP.

jehu999 likes this.
  25. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    When did you order?