GTC Lusso- FF Pano Roof Question | Page 4 | FerrariChat

GTC Lusso- FF Pano Roof Question

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by NeilF8888, Apr 15, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    Interesting! Do you recall where the button was located?

2. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    I have a feeling it is on the top side between the front and back seat, or is it with the rest of the buttons at the top front. sorry, I don't remember it well, it was a year ago.

3. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I don't have it and it was not an option in 2018. I think the fuse is a left over from the development. I cannot see it mentioned anywhere in the manual either.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

SECRET likes this.
  4. Jas

Jas Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Jas
    In the UK at least, lack of a pano roof will make the Lusso incredibly difficult to sell later.

It makes the car so much nicer and more usable as a family car. The huge size of the glass, and lack of central bar, makes it very special. I would never have bought one without it.

mhh, LeoBRK and mthompson2376 like this.
  5. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I’m pretty sure Lusso lacks electrochromic roof- its just a uv rejecting glass and heavy tint. It works well.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

ScottS and 350MH83 like this.
  6. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    I know this is an older thread and I am going through something similar to the OP which is wondering if I get a pano roof, if I can tint it without it shattering from the heat.

As for the pano roof, I will say that I test drove a GTC for a week, it had the Pano roof and in L.A that has the constant sun the car got way too hot and the excessive light was annoying. And since the car was black it had an even harder time trying to get the ac to dissipate the heat.

7. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I’ve got the pano option on my Lusso and I love it. I did have the top filmed in clear ceramic along with the windshield and the sides/back are 20% and it doesn’t get hot inside even in Florida sun. Candidly I looked at them with and without the glass roof and decided it was a must as it feels much more open to me, plus it isn’t cavelike for my kids in the back which is nice.

ScottS and 550nitis like this.
  8. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Had Black FF without and when I went to Lusso, had to have it.

Black car in Florida sun no issues. Even when I leave it outside at Disney

Would not go without it.

9. FerRrari

FerRrari Formula 3

Jan 11, 2009
    WA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    The pano roof is awesome if you plan on having passengers in the back. You will definitely feel more tired if driving around on a sunny day. The sun isn’t annoying or blinding but the constant exposure wears you down.

10. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I have the pano roof and I feel it’s a must although I think the rear passengers benefit from the “view” more than the people in the front. I sit fairly far forward and unless I look straight up, shock I wouldn’t do, I don’t really notice the roof….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Gman1111

Gman1111 Rookie

Jul 22, 2022
    Full Name:
    Giovanni G
    How common are Lusso's without a pano roof? Every one I look at seems to have it. I would greatly prefer not having it since I will be daily driving it in Southern California and it will sit outside in the sun for many hours

12. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    How about wrapping just the roof?

13. tassin06

tassin06 Rookie

May 25, 2022
    Full Name:
    yves duhoux
    For what it is worth, I have an FF with pano roof in Texas, and the heat/glare has never been an issue.

Performify and Caeruleus11 like this.
  14. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    My GTC4 has the pano and Ive driven it all over, left it outside in places for hours where it was over 100F- and while it was hot inside the car, it didn’t seem to me like it was any hotter than if it didn’t have the pano roof. Perhaps the fellow with the wrap idea is on to something, but maybe try it out, see what you think, and if you think its an issue then get that part wrapped, doing it in black glossy will keep the look of the pano roof from the exterior, or do it in body color. I can tell you everyone in the family loves the Lusso and they love the pano roof.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

ScottS likes this.