Downshift problem | FerrariChat

Downshift problem

Discussion in '360/430' started by Bill ochrane, Aug 29, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bill ochrane

Bill ochrane Karting

Oct 26, 2018
    Galveston, Texas
    Full Name:
    William Cochrane
    Strange downshift problem.
    2005 F430
    When coming to a stop it downshifts until 3rd but stays in third after a full stop. Then finally goes to 1st then quickly to Neutral. After trying brakes, paddles for about 30 - 45 seconds (seems like 10 minutes with cars honking) finally goes to 1st all is good. Does this about every 20 miles or so.
    Any thoughts - suggestions?
    F1 fluid tank is at the right level.
    No leaks seen, and not having to add fluid.
    Thanks

2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Does she do the same thing when you manually downshift or select neutral when coasting?

3. Bill ochrane

Bill ochrane Karting

Oct 26, 2018
    Galveston, Texas
    Full Name:
    William Cochrane
    Yes, same thing when manual downshift. I haven't tried selecting neutral and coast to stop, but will try it? It also does it in both sport and race mode.

4. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Bill- You need to take her to someone with an SD3 or equivalent and have them analyze the problem. Maybe start with an F1 service that should be done every three years. This includes changing the F1 fluid, bleeding the system, running a self-test, and checking for leaks. Possibly optimizing PIS. During this process, the tech should be able to identify any problems with the system the service does not cure.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

whatheheck likes this.
  5. Bill ochrane

Bill ochrane Karting

Oct 26, 2018
    Galveston, Texas
    Full Name:
    William Cochrane
    Yes, you are correct. I plan on taking it to a place in Houston I have gone to before and was treated professionally and fairly.
    I think it is always better to have some sort of idea about what a problem is before taking any car to any repair shop.