Daytona Window Switch | FerrariChat

Daytona Window Switch

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Drew Altemara, May 24, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Drew Altemara

Drew Altemara Formula 3

Feb 11, 2002
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Full Name:
    Drew Altemara
    One of the electric window switches on my Daytona is acting up. I've had it apart a couple of times but I think it will pretty soon be a gonner. My current switch is a 4 prong switch. The ones I see on the internet are 5 prong switches though are advertised for the Daytona and 246GT. What is involved in wiring this up. Do you just not use one of the terminals or splice one of the four leads onto the 5th terminal.

Hopefully someone has done this before.

Drew

2. Paul_308

Paul_308 Formula 3

Mar 12, 2004
    #2 Paul_308, May 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Your profile indicates 1973 GTB/4A. Of the many variations of the 365 are the two window circuits below. On the left is the predominant later switch circuit and earlier 4 prongs on the right (1970 Owner's Manual). Although one may look more complicated, they are actually the same except some wiring is done externally and some internally included within the switch.

Rewiring the circuit is easy. Note the colored circuit has green and white at the bottom terminals, these go to the motor. Terminals at the top, black goes to ground and red or yellow wires to the window fuses. Same as you have now. But which post on the switch is the real question.

(what you wanted to hear) If you get a replacement switch which fits and you have access to an ohmmeter, we can walk you through the process of making it work.

Know that 365 full diagrams are available http://www.ferrari308gtbi.com/Wiring512.php

Once you have a new switch, it would be helpful if you could post a picture of the prong end.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Paul_308

Paul_308 Formula 3

Mar 12, 2004
  4. Drew Altemara

Drew Altemara Formula 3

Feb 11, 2002
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Full Name:
    Drew Altemara
    Thanks Paul,

and yes I have a late 73 Euro Daytona.

I actually understood most of that. And I assure you any lack of understanding is completely on my side.

So on a 4 prong switch pins 2 and 4 are combined? When I pulled the old 4 prong switch I notice that one of the pins had two ground wires going to it.

It looks like if I seperated these two black ground wires and took them to pins 2 and 4 of the new 5 pin switch I should be good to go. I'll confirm with an ohnmeter first.

Will let you know where this goes to add to the information here once I get the switch.

Thanks for the help and if I got something wrong here just let me know.

Drew

5. Paul_308

Paul_308 Formula 3

Mar 12, 2004
    I think you've got the main idea.

6. Portenos

Portenos Formula 3

Aug 20, 2004
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Carguytour
  7. Drew Altemara

Drew Altemara Formula 3

Feb 11, 2002
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Full Name:
    Drew Altemara
    Looks like you have the earlier 4 prong set up. I think these switches are generally available. I've taken apart my 6 prong switches and got them working again. Takes some time but not that difficult if you are handy. Drew