For Sale - Cromodora Dino rim for sale - Man cave decor/Garage art | FerrariChat

For Sale Cromodora Dino rim for sale - Man cave decor/Garage art

Discussion in 'Ferrari Parts & Collectibles' started by guygowrie, Jul 28, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. guygowrie

guygowrie Formula 3

Sep 19, 2011
    ct
    Full Name:
    guy s
    For sale

Cromodora 14 x 6.5 Dino rim -

date stamp 1967 so an early one - either first year Dino 246 or 2nd year Fiat Dino.

Carefully stripped down but not through the Dow-7 coating (except where previously sanded/painted) using chemical stripper - no blasting so castings are nice and clear.

I'm selling this wheel as garage art/man cave decor BECAUSE 5 of the 12 buttresses on the front side of the wheel have cracks and I would certainly not recommend using it on a car (doubtless many of these old magnesium wheels have similar cracks and are happily rolling around, but stripped these have exposed the cracks and once seen can not be unseen!.

There are definitely other nicks and scrapes especially on the back side and rim edge but once painted will look neat (prime, then few coats of wheel rim paint). I was going to paint it myself but feared someone would be tempted to then use it on a car once cosmetically nice..

Would make an excellent air hose holder!!!!

$150 as it is plus $50 shipping to lower 48 (shipped another last week at $61 from Ct to AZ)

Again, this wheel should not be used as a wheel due to the visible cracks and no warranties are assumed by it being described as a rim or wheel.

..But perfect as garage art / man cave decor and you wont feel guilty that it should be on a car instead of your wall!

Perfect addition to your covid safe space!

email me at [email protected]

I can ship it this week but next week I'm away.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
  3. guygowrie

guygowrie Formula 3

Sep 19, 2011
    ct
    Full Name:
    guy s
    Yes, exactly, thank you for posting that!! I am waiting for some lower humidity to paint the wheel but wanted to make sure people understood it's condition. Thanks again (still for sale)
    Guy

UroTrash likes this.
  4. guygowrie

guygowrie Formula 3

Sep 19, 2011
    ct
    Full Name:
    guy s
    I've now had a chance to give the wheel a few coats of primer and a 3 coats of VHT wheel paint. Here is the finished product. With painting done it's ready for man cave art/hose hanger and I'm updating the price to $200 + 50 shipping to the lower 48 (last one cost me about $64 to ship across country). Giving it a few days here before going to ebay. I'm sure there is a Covid man cave project that needs this finishing touch!

ps AGAIN read the posts above, this wheel should not be used on a car!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

dream cars likes this.
  5. MaranelloMark

MaranelloMark Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2019
    Bay Area, CA
    I’m in. Will use it exactly like that in my garage.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

6. guygowrie

guygowrie Formula 3

Sep 19, 2011
    ct
    Full Name:
    guy s
    Thanks Mark

This sale pending

Gug

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. MaranelloMark

MaranelloMark Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2019
    Bay Area, CA

8. MaranelloMark

MaranelloMark Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2019
    Bay Area, CA
    Received and thank you again!

9. guygowrie

guygowrie Formula 3

Sep 19, 2011
    ct
    Full Name:
    guy s
    Thank you for letting me know, Mark, and thank you!