Low Gas all hell breaks loose | FerrariChat

Low Gas all hell breaks loose

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Rleestma, Aug 31, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rleestma

Rleestma Rookie

Feb 19, 2015
    So I’m driving my Lusso V12, it said 65 miles left In tank, then 45. I was 15 miles from home so I was like whatever I’ll get gas tomorrow. I went another 5 miles and all hell broke loose. Said engine failed, emissions failed, start stop failed, maritimo failed, awd system failed, four wheel steering failed, it went bananas. Had low power, immediately pulled off and got gas, now it drives fine but it still says the engine management system failed etc. etc. I’m hoping it goes away on its own but geez, what the heck.

Thoughts? I think it will go away but I’m afraid it got damaged somehow (very doubtful I know)

How can I clear the codes? Do I just drive it until it figures it out?

2. Alexcle

Alexcle Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 2, 2018
    Full Name:
    Alex D

I ran out of gas just like you did after the track. I was told to disconnect the battery in the hood. Red I believe for 15 minutes make sure nothing touches the wire and put back on. It should have a quick release.

Once done it cleared the codes and ready to go.

3. F5506M

F5506M Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Ray
    My FF died due to gas when entering a gas station. The car only said limited range and died no errors.

SECRET likes this.
  4. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    You lucked out there, just like the only one time I ran out of gas around 8 years ago. It was with an E63 AMG and luckily it died feet away from the gas pump, but too far for the pump hose to reach. Luckily, a couple of friendly guys were nearby to help me push.

BTW, I hate the feature of not being able to open the fuel door when the engine is running. Make sure to open the fuel door before cranking the engine, if you have low fuel and unsure if you can restart the car.

5. F5506M

F5506M Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Ray

I was further away near the entrance of the gas station which was uphill. Used a plastic cup to add enough gas to the car to make it to the pump. Family in the car was rolling their eyes the whole time.