Car shipping: Any recent examples? | FerrariChat

Car shipping: Any recent examples?

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by renman95, Sep 1, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. renman95

renman95 Karting

Jul 16, 2016
    Oahu, leeward side
    Full Name:
    D8LF
    Aloha,

long time, no post.

I'm looking at shipping a car from Boulder, CO to Honolulu. Any recommendations, thoughts, cautions...

2. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Intercity Lines, then Pasha.

3. Bob in Makiki

Bob in Makiki Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 30, 2017
    Honolulu
    I wrote a thread below about shipping by air. Depending on the car and your budget, that might be an option for you.

4. KStevens

KStevens Rookie

Jan 14, 2021
    Full Name:
    Kyle Stevens
    Can anyone advise me on a car hauling company? What is the best transportation?

5. KStevens

KStevens Rookie

Jan 14, 2021
    Full Name:
    Kyle Stevens
    Hi guys. I know this is an old branch, but I need your help. In connection with the move, I want to order the service of transportation of my car. Can anyone advise me on a car hauling company? What is the best transport? I am also interested in your opinion about open and closed car trailers. I've figured out the difference between a closed and open car trailer, but I still can't decide. I can't choose between safety and low price, because an open trailer is much cheaper. Still, I am more inclined to choose transportation with a closed trailer because I would die if something happens to my car. A friend of mine has shipped with an open carrier, and there were no problems... In short, I'm waiting for your advice on this.

6. BillyD

BillyD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I've always used closed car carriers. I would never send open even if it was 1/2 the price. Allied, Passport, etc all good.

Now I want to move to Hawaii and take my car so any suggestions.