Brand new heating valves f328 | FerrariChat

Brand new heating valves f328

Discussion in '308/328' started by mschorf, Oct 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mschorf

mschorf Rookie

May 25, 2019
    Full Name:
    Martin Sorf
    after months of fruitless internetsearches and emails and telcos (often as far as turkey) I guess I have found a source for brandnew heating valves for the F328 series which even the OEM manufacturer - presumably Bosch - could not deliver for years.

I will have the new spare part in my hands in Austria tomorrow- so hold you breath with me and lets hope we found a source for these....

martin

waymar likes this.
  2. mschorf

mschorf Rookie

May 25, 2019
    Full Name:
    Martin Sorf
    its here - brandnew part - love it - will install it on the weekend. it seems that our ferrari valve from bosch was also used in some heavy duty construction machines. 150€ price is fine for me - will try to get more and store it.... Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

cheesypeas, miketuason and Hinecker like this.
  3. Hinecker

Hinecker Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2011
    Morning Martin,
    Now that is very interesting, good research!

Congrats,

John.

4. derekw

derekw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek W
  5. mschorf

mschorf Rookie

May 25, 2019
    Full Name:
    Martin Sorf
    yes thats the little devil - and I just fittet it in 10min - perfect !!! its the same part from bosch - the only thing you have to do is get the little gray adapter of the old valve onto the new valve (the one where the servo motor connects). And I made a small hole in the black arm thats used to screw it to the bracket - this hole was missing,

But thats it !!

I already try to get 2 more to have this spare parts in my workshop - just in case ....

miketuason likes this.
  6. Milkshaker0007

Milkshaker0007 Formula Junior

Sep 22, 2012
    Midlands,uk
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Excellent detective work, well sourced, where's there a will, there's a way.

7. Rod

Rod Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    South Derbyshire
    Full Name:
    Rod
    Apologies if i have miss understood but if this part is available for £57 why would you pay 150 euros?

mike996 and Rosey like this.
  8. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Karting

May 28, 2008
    england
    I guess that the Maranello page shows the last price when it was available. If you want one then Maranello will try to source it for you and you will pay 150 euros + their yellow box fee :eek:

Rod likes this.
  9. Rod

Rod Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    South Derbyshire
    Full Name:
    Rod
    ah.. ok.. makes sense now..

cheesypeas likes this.
  10. mschorf

mschorf Rookie

May 25, 2019
    Full Name:
    Martin Sorf
    Actually I tried all known sources before I started the process - but I always heard NLA. My dealer in Munich actually looked through all the old boxes and even asked Maranello directly.... So that hard way was the only way - but it’s here now....

cheesypeas and sstefan like this.
  11. mschorf

mschorf Rookie

May 25, 2019
    Full Name:
    Martin Sorf
    theunissenguido and cheesypeas like this.
  12. ghovden

ghovden Rookie

Oct 12, 2006
    California
    Looks great! Will you reveal where I can buy one?

13. Milkshaker0007

Milkshaker0007 Formula Junior

Sep 22, 2012
    Midlands,uk
    Full Name:
    Paul

good news, nice one.
    what was your fault with the old one?
    was it just no heat from one side of the cabin, other side OK?

14. derekw

derekw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek W
    I think Martin has some for sale. They look very similar to a Porsche 924 valve and a quick google gave these part numbers. You might be able to adapt them and the price is great at £5/$7:

Porsche 924/944 heater control valve. 477819017
    VW Jetta and others 171 819 809E, 171 819 809A, 211 819 809

15. mschorf

mschorf Rookie

May 25, 2019
    Full Name:
    Martin Sorf
    If only I could - I was searching for them for quite a while and I found some very similar looking ones (but not quite the same one) in a parts catalogue for big caterpillars in turkey. I contacted the guy who speaks a little German and he found the absolut 1:1 parts after 2 weeks via a photo comparison. No partnumber or Brand visible on the packages - only the small Bosch Logo on the valve itself. Anyway he wanted 130€ for the valve and as I was desperate (and he recognized that) and these prices are not uncommon for „Ferrari oem parts“ I am fine with it.

I have 2 new on stock for emergencies now - but if you all like I could try to get my hands on more of these and sent it to you around Christmas as I will be back inFlorida on December 19th. Doesn’t make any sense to send it from Europe - Shipping & Tax & Duty would get this far beyond 200$ - If we could arrange a group order for USA maybe I even get a better price...

16. mschorf

mschorf Rookie

May 25, 2019
    Full Name:
    Martin Sorf
    Exactly - and water under the front hood....

Milkshaker0007 likes this.
  17. mschorf

mschorf Rookie

May 25, 2019
    Full Name:
    Martin Sorf
    I found these too but unfortunately wasn’t able to get the motors on it and also they have a quite unusually form - not round as ours and therefore don’t fit in the metal brackets.... has anyone tried to modify them so that they fit?

18. mschorf

mschorf Rookie

May 25, 2019
    Full Name:
    Martin Sorf

Attached Files:

19. jha328

jha328 Rookie

May 26, 2013
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    I have a 1986 Ferrari 328 GTS which has two leaking heater control valves. You mentioned that identical valves were found with only minor modifications required. Can someone here tell me where I can purchase these valves. I don't want to use aftermarket valves that require adaptation that means I can't use existing brackets, as I want to keep everything as original as possible.

20. mschorf

mschorf Rookie

May 25, 2019
    Full Name:
    Martin Sorf
    as i have done for a few f328 owners i should be able to organize 2 of them and send it to you - price was 150€ a piece but they are 1:1 original pieces - you just have to swap the small plastik lever from the old ones to the new ones. as i mentioned they are from hevy duty construction machines. just send me an pn if i shoulkd try to get them and send them to australia....