Dashboard sun protector | FerrariChat

Dashboard sun protector

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by vincep99, Mar 6, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vincep99

vincep99 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2009
    Anyone using a sun shade that rolls up into literally nothing taking no space? I searched the threads and most roll up in a non-flexible fashion and need ~ 3 feet of space.

I know it would not be a true sun-shade as it would not cover the inside of the windshield, but at least it would protect the dash.

2. bamaman

bamaman Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2015
    Mobile Alabama
    Full Name:
    William M (B.J.) Lyon, Jr.
    I am interested in this also to prevent leather shrinkage and avoid dash replacement.

3. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    I had my windshield tinted with a ceramic tint

whatheheck likes this.
  4. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    I have one that folds in a plate size disk, and I can squeeze it easily below the passenger seat. It does a good job at staying in place and covering the dash.

Attached Files:

Rembrandt likes this.
  5. Jonny English

Jonny English Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2017
    Poole, Dorset
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I started using the same .. works well. Wish I had used one in Italy a couple of years ago!

6. NE550

NE550 Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2017
    Omaha, NE
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I use my Weathertech sun shade religiously when I park out in the sun. I don't care what it looks like, I don't want to have to deal with leather shrinkage on top of my dash. My 550 also has pretty dark window tint which also helps. If I'm at a car show I will leave the windows down to keep interior temps down. Otherwise I try to not leave it parked in the sun for any length of time.

The Weathertech shade cost $99.95. It has a velcro closure strap and rolls up tight enough to stash behind the seat. You can also buy an optional storage bag for $14.95, but it isn't really necessary. I think it works great.

Here's a pic (from a recent fun run lunch stop):
    [​IMG]

7. Kenny94945

Kenny94945 Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Marin Calif
    The foldable circular shades as our co-member in post 4 showed may be the best answer.
    I've used those and they are okay for protection.

The long foldable along seems ones I think offer better protect.
    I use those also and store them behind the passenger seat.

Good luck in your decision.

8. vincep99

vincep99 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2009
    I have both the one like 350MH83 posted that I got at the local auto parts store as well as the WeatherTech because the WeatherTech does not fit at all in one of my cars. I guess I could measure the inside temp to see which one actually works better, but I can say the the smaller one folds up quite easily and I do like it.