430 - Increasing the AUX volume level on my F430 | FerrariChat

430 Increasing the AUX volume level on my F430

Discussion in '360/430' started by Remco Brouwer, Sep 3, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Remco Brouwer

Remco Brouwer Rookie

Aug 20, 2020
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Remco Brouwer
    I recently bought a 2006 F430 Coupe that comes withe the standard Becker radio. I bought a simple aux cable that installed easily but I am disappointed by the volume level of the aux port. I need to put the volume of the radio up to the max to hear music over the engine noise. Has anyone figured out how/if the default AUX volume can be increased?

2. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    More details on the aux cable you are using. Many of the cars came with the standard Becker 30 pin cable. Volume on Aux is the same as the radio.

3. Remco Brouwer

Remco Brouwer Rookie

Aug 20, 2020
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Remco Brouwer
  4. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Is the device you are plugging in set at high volume? I bought a newer Becker radio (4775) to use in my 360 but IIRC I wasn't able to get an aux cable working with it so I went back to my original radio.

5. Kevin Rev'n

Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Did you re-pin the wires from the original blue connector into this one?

6. Remco Brouwer

Remco Brouwer Rookie

Aug 20, 2020
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Remco Brouwer
    It is set to high volume, I am currently trying an ipod but should receive a generic bluetooth unit for media streaming shortly. At 100% volume on the ipod (without volume limiter or anything) the volume is roughly half of the volume of the radio. So switching back from ipod to radio results in a bit of a scare as volume then doubles (and I have to say, the max volume of the stereo is quite high :)

7. Kevin Rev'n

Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I am using an older ipod but mine does not connect to the radio through the headphone port. Mine is connected through the charging connector. If yours is like mine you need a different adapter.

8. Kevin Rev'n

Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
  9. Remco Brouwer

Remco Brouwer Rookie

Aug 20, 2020
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Remco Brouwer
    No, I unplugged the old cable completely (dont have a Ch changer or subwoofer) and inserted this one. In the Radio settings I told the radio that there is an external music device attached to Aux.

10. Kevin Rev'n

Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    There are some older threads about this in here. My memory is a bit fuzzy but I think I tried the one you have first and then changed to the one pictured. Headphone out might not be equal to what aux needs.

11. Remco Brouwer

Remco Brouwer Rookie

Aug 20, 2020
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Remco Brouwer
    Thanks Kevin! I will play around and potentially order the other cable, albeit with the lighting connector.

12. ditpixs

ditpixs Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 22, 2019
    Nor Cal - Tracy
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    I tried to get more volume out of the factory system, but eventually just gave in and upgraded the amp, speakers and sub. And the head unit. :)

Search on here for Scuderia Audio for some really nice ways to upgrade and keep the OEM look.

Remco Brouwer likes this.
  13. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Fit an Alpine unit, far better than the oem. Simple 5 min job , plug and play with no wiring mods

Remco Brouwer likes this.
  14. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    I think there may be a separate adjustable level for the digital source in user settings

15. Ferrarissimo

Ferrarissimo Rookie

Sep 22, 2019
    Full Name:
    Yvan
    I have installed a Bluetooth adapter and as you, the volume of the radio has to be set up to the max and unfortunately the quality son is very bad.

Has anyone could provide some good advise?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant FerrariChat

16. Ferrarissimo

Ferrarissimo Rookie

Sep 22, 2019
    Full Name:
    Yvan
  17. Remco Brouwer

Remco Brouwer Rookie

Aug 20, 2020
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Remco Brouwer
    I ended up buying another radio. I went for an Alpine UTE-204DAB. Installing it tonight. It comes with all cables to move from the ISO connectors in the car to the Alpine connectors, so no recabling needed. I just need to see where to place the microphone, i will see if I can place it where the factory mic normally is (next to the interior lights)

ditpixs likes this.