Enzo magazine | Page 26 | FerrariChat

Enzo magazine

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by jm2, Nov 25, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dino2400

Dino2400 Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 21, 2009
    Marcel is right. After hopeful contacts (see previous posts...) i'm still waiting for a solution or refund. I have however received all issues of Enzo but paid for another year. Octane 208 has just arrived together with the renewal notice. I have send them an email due to the 'service' provided with Enzo i'm cancelling my subscription to Octane. Don't want to do business with Dennis Publishing. A shame 'cause i liked Octane a lot.

2. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Both Octane and Enzo are a total catastrophe. Dennis Publishing has zero functioning, working and reliable service.
    In the last ten days I have had email contacts with a Nathan Davis, a Mr. Banner, a Mr. Scott, a Mrs. Stevens.
    All from Dennis publishing.
    None of these people was able to reply properly and to provide a clear solution and answer.
    I even wrote to that Mr. Dennis, zero reply whatsoever. No surprise, of course.
    I really feel like a total idiot.
    I had recently prepaid and renewed for two (2!) full years for Octane (I am a subscriber since many many years). They were unable to find my payment and asked ME for proof of payment. I had paid by credit card and of course got debited. Are they crazy?
    Their bookkeeping is absolutely hopeless. Probably about a year behind actuality/reality.
    All of these people are totally useless and don't talk to each other. They simply do NOT care, they don't do their job.
    Maybe these people don't really exist and are just fake names on automated replies? All of these should be fired instantly.

Marcel Massini

greg328 likes this.
  3. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Felix Dennis sold the company some years ago and died in 2014 so it is understandable you got no reply from him. As foe the rest, clearly they are a shambles which is a shame because Enzo wasn't bad and I like Octane.

of2worlds likes this.
  4. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Aha.
    So why is Dennis' name in the mag?
    And how about all the other people I listed? All dead?
    I got emails (most probably automated mails) from all of those names.............
    A complete scam and fraud.

Marcel Massini

5. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Dennis is only mentioned in the mag, as far as I can see, as the company founder, which is correct. James Tye is the current man in charge of the company. No idea about the other people but they might as well be dead or imaginary for all the good they've done!

Rosey likes this.
  6. kevin323

kevin323 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Enzo final issue 13 Is showing up at the local Barnes and Noble stores here in New York. I’m going to miss Enzo. It was well done and seemed to improve with each issue. Best wishes to the staff and writers. It was a great effort. Sad they were hampered by an inept distribution department

gt4me likes this.
  7. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Down here in Atlanta they are still displaying #11. I guess #12 will never appear here. I'm glad I ordered, and received, #12 and 13 from the U.K. (and not from the publisher!).

ag512bbi and of2worlds like this.
  8. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    I agree except that there was never any indication that the staff wanted to do anything to fix the distribution problems. I spoke to one of the writers last year and asked him to speak to the editor about the issues. If the editor had come on here and apologized and acknowledged the problems it could only have been positive. But he/they didn't care enough to do that.

Jack-the-lad likes this.
  9. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    #12 and #13 never arrived.
    Instead I am now suddenly getting Octane twice, TWO ISSUES (same number), every month.
    But I have ONE (1) paid Octane subscription only. And don't need two.
    Complete idiots.
    Speechless.

Marcel Massini

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Jimincov and NürScud like this.
  10. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Well over here in Canada the new current issue #13 of the Enzo magazine finally made an appearance on the shelf at Indigo Books. As noted above issues #11 and #12 were never distributed on the news stand in Canada at least.
    The last 3 or 4 issues of Forza magazine have not been around for months either. The November cover date Forza just came out in the USA though; no sign of it here.

11. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Just picked these up at my Local Barnes & Noble. They just received them. Check your B&N.
    If anyone is interested, let me know. $14 + shipping.

PM me

Rosey and of2worlds like this.
  12. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    #11 has been on the shelf at Barnes & Noble for months. I suspect that we'll see #13 in its place by the end of the week.

of2worlds and ag512bbi like this.
  13. Regular Guy 01

Regular Guy 01 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 10, 2011
    Tacoma, WA
    Full Name:
    Eugene Greer
    I just stopped by my local B&N and saw 6 copies of issue #13 on the shelf.
    I bought a copy (now I have 2 of them) to have.

As others have also offered, I would be willing to pick another up for a fellow FChat buddy who can't find one in their area.
    Price of the magazine plus actual shipping costs from Wa 98422.

Best wishes,
    Gene Greer

of2worlds likes this.
  14. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    #13 made it to Alaska, but not #12. Like others, I got #12 off ebay. Still no new Vantage, though.

Bye bye Enzo...

of2worlds likes this.
  15. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I was correct; #13 is now at B&N. Those who want #12 will have to buy it online.

16. Karimsaid

Karimsaid Formula Junior
    Regional Sponsor

Oct 2, 2014
    Can anybody who has the Enzo magazine #1, please check in the article on the 288 GTO vs F40, who the photography was by, that is, the name of the photographer? This is because I am looking for a photographer in the UK for a high-end outdoor photo shoot. Thanking you in advance.

17. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    The name of the photographer is listed as Gus Gregory.

Marcel Massini

18. Karimsaid

Karimsaid Formula Junior
    Regional Sponsor

Oct 2, 2014
    Many thanks for taking the effort to check. Appreciated.

19. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    carl888, of2worlds, jm2 and 1 other person like this.
  20. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Ha!
    Instead of sending those mags to the subscribers they ship them to AUS.......
    This is really criminal.
    Despite two overlapping and fully paid subscriptions (and a dozen emails to Dennis mags) I never got these and had to purchase the last two issues individually via a good UK based friend.
    And Dennis magazines now sends me Octane double, twice every month, same issue (I have one paid subscription only)...........(have been an Octane subscriber since the beginning).
    Total chaos.

Marcel Massini

of2worlds likes this.
  21. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    The Barnes & Noble stores in the U.S. also now have plenty of copies of #13. Since the individual stores are not told when a magazine is discontinued, they'll be on the shelves for months and months.....

of2worlds likes this.
  22. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    I swear I’ve never seen such a screwed up distribution operation.

23. carl888

carl888 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Carl
    I'm a few kms from Rosey and there were 7 copies at our local newsagent this morning.

Even more remarkable, the small post office near my factory, some 10kms from the CBD had a few copies too.

Looks like all the junk was shipped off to Australia, the publishers knowing they'd never get it back

of2worlds, Rosey and wrxmike like this.
  24. carl888

carl888 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Carl
    With regards to Dennis publishing, I renewed "Enzo" in May, received issue 12 about two months later. Then received a letter from Dennis publishing stating Enzo was discontinued and my subsciption would transfter to Octane. I never received an Octane Magazine, but I did receive two renewal letters from Octane stating my subscription had lapsed. :D:D:D

I subsequently followed up this issue with Dennis Publishing via email on three occasions. I never received a response.

of2worlds likes this.
  25. carl888

carl888 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Carl
    Two Octane magazines per month?

Sounds like Dennis publishing love you twice as much as the rest of us.