Pista Oil Level | FerrariChat

Pista Oil Level

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by C50, Sep 4, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    Interesting discussion re 812 oil level and The experience some members have had needing to add not insignificant amounts to bring the oil level up to minimum recommended standard.

I’m curious to hear if any one with Pista, or even recently delivered f8, has checked their own oil level and found it in need of significant top-off.

in light of the change in service intervals with oil change now being determined by software/usage recommendation as opposed to with every annual service, I wonder if this is a more common problem than we are aware.

812 thread here
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/812-oil-consumption.628081/

italiafan likes this.
  2. FFan5

FFan5 Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2018
    Isn't the 812 NA? Large NA motors needing oil isn't anything new, especially with higher compression ratios (I've been told). I have had a 4.8L Porsche and 6.2L Merc that both drank oil. Keep some in the trunk, put it in when the light comes on every thousand miles or so. No biggie.

3. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    Oil consumption over time and with use is not the concern.
    The concern is the car being delivered and/or returning from first scheduled service (after low miles) with below-min oil level.

4. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    I checked mine and no discernible usage at 800 plus miles. Two different engines.

C50 likes this.