Michelin XWX | FerrariChat

Michelin XWX

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Arvid, Sep 5, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Arvid

Arvid Formula Junior

May 28, 2012
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Arvid Andersson
    Well, it`s about time to renew the tires for the 400GT. My old Pirelli P4000 dates back to 2001 and has given me a few frights over the last years.

A set of new XWX`s are my first choice and probably what I`ll end up buying but they are not wider than they need to be. So I thought why not chose the 225`s instead of the 215`s. It would help a bit and they are well within the allowed tolerance of size variation. But there is an esthetic side to this also. Would the 225 look "off" on the car ?

Have anyone tried the bigger 225`s on their car ? They are 14mm taller in total so 7mm visible difference inside the wheel arch. Should be ok.

Advice please.

2. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
    The trx do handle much better and they are significantly bigger than 215. I would consequently look for the bigger option.

235mm tires were mentioned in the forum not so long ago. Probably hard to find.

3. Arvid

Arvid Formula Junior

May 28, 2012
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Arvid Andersson
    I have thought of the TRX many times as I love the look and stance they give but then I would need both wheels and tires. The TRX wheels can sometimes be had for a good price but it`s a long time since I`ve seen them for sale.

4. Longstone Tyres

Longstone Tyres Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
    There are quite a few more options now.

https://www.longstonetyres.co.uk/classic-car-tyres/ferrari/400-gt.html

does anyone have any memory on the Pirelli P5 which is an option being made again for the XJV12. It should have similar handling characteristics to the old tyre but with more grip and wet performance.

I looked into the Pirelli P4000 recently. I think they were last made in 2011.

I think I have had a fresh delivery of TRX tyres. If not they will be here next week.