488 - SmartTOP Module for Spiders | FerrariChat

488 SmartTOP Module for Spiders

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Xrayv8, Aug 21, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Xrayv8

Xrayv8 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 18, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Xray
    Has anyone installed or had service install one of these modules by mods4cars?

I'd like to get one put in for my Pista spider but wanted to find out if any codes come up after install or any issues that may hinder warranty issues in the future?

Thanks in advance.

2. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    I installed it on my 360, F430 and now on my 2016 Cali T.

I like it a lot.

The ability to just push the button and let go of the button for me is well worth it.
    You can also configure which windows you want up or down.
    You can also use your remote key fob to open or close the roof.

Super easy installation too for the models above that I mentioned. Took me 15 minutes.
    No fault codes thrown.

Xrayv8 likes this.
  3. fossilfuel

fossilfuel Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2011
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    I have one on my 458 Spider. It's great! I have very tight quarters where I park my car at home, so the ability to lower or raise just the windows (2 clicks on the key) makes getting in and out WAY easier (I can get my upper body in better w/o fighting the up-window).

Parking and walking away --- a couple clicks of the key to get the top to go up, its one of my favorite things to watch :)

I installed myself in about 15 minutes...only 'hard' part was getting the leather trim panel off--- just took a little 'english".

I give it thumbs up!!!

-mark (fossilfuel)

Xrayv8 and tekaefixe like this.
  4. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    What he said above!

fossilfuel likes this.
  5. Xrayv8

Xrayv8 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 18, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Xray
    Are you able to still use the inside switch to open and close the top or does it disable that switch? Also, are you able to program so the windows don't go back up after completing the open cycle?

Thanks in advance,
    Jay

6. Brambleworth

Brambleworth Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2011
    NY
    Full Name:
    Ted
    I have it in my 2014 458 and it’s great. Inside switch still works and you can program windows any way you want. Also can open and close top while moving slowly in traffic.

whatheheck likes this.