360/430 Capote Hydraulic Cylinder Rebuild | FerrariChat

360/430 Capote Hydraulic Cylinder Rebuild

Discussion in '360/430' started by EastMemphis, Sep 5, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    I had a failure of the two secondary cylinders in my capote a while back. They still worked but were leaking hydraulic fluid. Instead of buying new cylinders, which are $750 each, I opted to send my cylinders off to have them rebuilt for $260 each.

I used a company called "Top Hydraulics" in Oregon to do the work. They seemed quite knowledgeable and capable and answered my questions promptly.

I sent the cylinders out on FedEx on a Saturday and had them back the following Friday. I opted for the $40 FedEx return instead of the USPS $10 option for two reasons. The primary is that I wanted them back sooner and the secondary is that the condition of the USPS is rather, well, confused at the moment and the last thing I wanted was for them to lose my precious hydraulic cylinders.

The cylinders looked really nice right out of the package and the pull on them was stiff and tight like a brand new unit. Klaus at Top Hydraulics says that the rebuild should last 50 years. They offer a 3 year warranty on their work which is pretty significant.

I am completely satisfied with the job done by Top Hydraulics and if I ever need another cylinder to be rebuilt, I would send them to Klaus in a heartbeat.

Thanks!

SRLC716 likes this.
  2. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    Cabriolet Hydraulics in Florida also does them.

EastMemphis likes this.