Car purchased... Now waiting on it to be shipped! (The waiting is the worst) | FerrariChat

Car purchased... Now waiting on it to be shipped! (The waiting is the worst)

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by russellmcg, Sep 8, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. russellmcg

russellmcg Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 3, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Russell McGuire
    I am happy to say that after having my last California totaled this past month, insurance has come through, and I moved on a 2017 California T with the handling package!

I ended up wire transferring the money over this morning to the dealership, and now the wait on delivery begins!

This car checked off all the tickmarks I was looking for. 2017, low miles, Apple CarPlay, LED/Carbon driving zone, etc). The only thing it did not have was the carbon fiber center bridge, which is not that big of a deal to me.

Thanks for everyone who helped me with my questions along the way, and hopefully (fingers crossed) this time next week, I will have my new car in!

She is Argento Nurburgring over Nero, which I am not sure if I plan on keeping. I think I am going to have it wrapped in Satin Carmine Red if the color does not grow on me.

Cheers, folks and have a kick-ass rest of the week!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Gh21631, MarylandGuy, tomc and 8 others like this.
  2. Akajak1

Akajak1 Karting

Jun 24, 2020
    UK
    russellmcg likes this.
  3. SLViper1

SLViper1 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2014
    Nashville/Destin
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Thrilled for you, (I doubt you will be disappointed)
    love my Cali T !

russellmcg likes this.
  4. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Like the two tone, you are going to love it.

AD211, F2003-GA and russellmcg like this.
  5. Sammi

Sammi Karting

Aug 8, 2020
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Samantha (Sammi)
    Awesome! Congrats! You must’ve been pretty bummed out when the other one got totaled. But this is an upgrade!

6. russellmcg

Owner

Aug 3, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Russell McGuire
    I was. I had it for three weeks and one of those weeks it was in the shop getting a PPF put on it. Will be good though to get the T. I should have gone that route when I first bought it.

7. russellmcg

Owner

Aug 3, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Russell McGuire
    Thanks! I think the two tone just works so well on these cars.

8. russellmcg

Owner

Aug 3, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Russell McGuire
    Thanks! I am trying to have the dealership set the exhaust to always be open. Hopefully, they can do that and I will be one happy boy!

9. BLAMPEE

BLAMPEE Man Card Status: Never Issued

Awesome!!!!

Congrats, my dude!!!

I still haven't found a Cali T to my liking yet but I have a solid backup plan if I can't find one by Nov. 1 :)

10. russellmcg

Owner

Aug 3, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Russell McGuire
    Thanks man! I would search every day online for the right one. Was glad this one popped up. Although this is not the perfect color combo for me, I am over that since I tend to wrap my cars.

What is the ideal one you are looking for and what's the backup plan? Assume the backup plan is a La Ferrari. :-D

BLAMPEE likes this.
  11. BLAMPEE

Not intending to hijack your new ride thread I will answer your questions. :)

Ideal is a fully specced Triple Layer white over red or Cuoio interior. Must be 2016+ and have ventilated seats.

I have been looking since April....:(

As a backup.....I have placed a refundable deposit down on this Inspiration Series LC500--They are only making 100 of them with this color combo. :rolleyes::eek:

Car is scheduled to be delivered first week of Nov.

https://www.lexus.com/models/LC?link[SpecialEditionHero][SHOW_PAGE]=true

and I hate to admit it.....but I will be 100% happy with either this or a Cali T.

12. russellmcg

Owner

Aug 3, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Russell McGuire
    No worries on hijacking it, just awesome to see other people get their dream cars!

That Lexus is stunning! I had never seen that one before but it looks badass! Living in Phoenix though, I am surprised you have not found your Ferrari yet since that dealership has so many going through it.

I used to live in Arcadia and would wander around that dealership all the time when I had my Maserati. That dealership is like heaven on Earth.

BLAMPEE likes this.
  13. BLAMPEE

Oh they moved North.....it is one massive auto complex now with Lambo, Ferrari, Bentley, RR, Aston Martin, Land Rover, Jaguar, and more on the same block, and McLaren, BMW, MBZ, Porsche, Audi all nearby.

I have test-driven almost every fun car under $300k in the last 5 months. It's been super fun as I live like 10 minutes away from the dealers.

They have a white 2017 white over black w/ ventilated seats but the only real option it has is Apple CarPlay--seriously.....it is the most stripped model Cali T I have looked at....which sucks because it still has factory bumper-to-bumper coverage and only 4k miles. :(

14. russellmcg

Owner

Aug 3, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Russell McGuire
    Nice!

I moved away from Arizona back in December and it was all one big "playground" when I was there at the dealerships. Not sure if you have seen it, but they have a museum you can see in the back with some nice cars as well. Such a kick-ass place.

Andrew Pour and BLAMPEE like this.
  15. Quietriot

Quietriot Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 28, 2018
    Fantastic. Hope you have lots of worry free miles. Congrats

russellmcg likes this.
  16. jopke

jopke Rookie

Aug 18, 2014
    Why have you ruled out 2015s?

17. BLAMPEE

no ventilated seat option til 2016 MY.

Andrew Pour, russellmcg and jopke like this.
  18. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    McG, very, very nice!! AN is a super color. Think you'll love it. Now let's keep this T in one piece and pile on the miles!

T

russellmcg likes this.
  19. robstand

robstand Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 13, 2019
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Robert S.
    Argento Nurburgring over Bordeaux is my next color combo, for sure.

russellmcg likes this.
  20. russellmcg

Owner

Aug 3, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Russell McGuire
    Thanks!

2020 certainly has been a crazy year. When I started it, I was not planning on purchasing a Ferrari. Who would have thought that I would actually end up purchasing two of them this year? Hopefully, not a third!

21. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Well has anyone started a pool on when this one gets wrecked.....LOL

Now that Russell has experience with them....two weeks maybe?

Hope I get to see this one around town.....

22. russellmcg

Owner

Aug 3, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Russell McGuire
    Haha, I hope I can actually stick in this one for longer than a month!! Don't know if my heart can take having to purchase a 3rd car this year. :-D

23. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    McG...Delivered yet?...T

24. russellmcg

Owner

Aug 3, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Russell McGuire
    Funny enough, I literally just got a text message from the dealership. Looks like it’s going to be delivered on Saturday afternoon. This works out great since there’s a ride to Brenham on Sunday then I’m gonna do with the Ferrari club of Houston. I am literally counting down the hours!

25. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Fingers crossed!
    T

russellmcg likes this.