Maserati MC20 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Maserati MC20

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by TheMayor, Jul 1, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Is it still the case that this car is expected to to be a carbon fiber monocoque? Or is there more recent intel?

SV

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Merak1974

Merak1974 Formula 3

Aug 31, 2009
    Oslo, Norway
    Full Name:
    Gabriel R.G. Benito
    Feels almost like being a kid again and waiting for Christmas ;)

3. boralogist

boralogist Formula Junior

Jun 21, 2005
    Modena, 13 May 2020 – A prototype of the Maserati MC20, the new Maserati super sports car, will pay homage to Sir Stirling Moss, the British motor-racing ace who died on 12 April at the age of 90.

The design used for this prototype is taken from the Maserati Eldorado, the iconic single-seater driven on its debut in Monza in 1958 by Stirling Moss himself, at the “Trofeo dei due Mondi”.

It is very fitting that the Trident Brand has chosen the date of 13 May to recall the great British driver, since there is no doubt that his victory in the Monaco F1 Grand Prix on 13 May 1956, at the wheel of the Maserati 250F, stands out amongst the many trophies in the champion's collection. It was an amazing win, since Moss led the race from the first to the last of the 100 laps around the winding, demanding Monaco circuit. Maserati's day of triumph was completed by taking third place as well – also in a 250F - by French driver Jean Behra.

Moss, who recorded 16 victories in 66 starts in Formula 1 Grand Prix racing, is one of the most successful drivers never to have won the world title. Sir Stirling came within a whisker of the crown on more than one occasion, finishing in second place on four occasions, and third in three championships. For this reason, he was known as the "king without a crown". In the 1956 season and some 1957 races, Moss drove a Maserati 250F (“his favourite”, as he often recalled), beaten only by Juan Manuel Fangio. Moreover, Moss's Argentinian rival took his 1957 title at the wheel of another 250F, confirming the reliability and superiority of the Modena-built car.

Through this MC20 prototype with Stirling Moss's "signature", Maserati wishes to commemorate one of the greatest names in the annals of world motorsports, who wrote some of the finest pages in its own racing history. The list of Maserati cars driven by the British driver also includes the Tipo 60 Birdcage, Tipo 61 and 300 S.

The choice of a prototype of the MC20 to dedicate to Sir Stirling is no coincidence: through this model, the Trident Brand aims to underline its sporting vocation, and above all return to a leading role on the racing circuits, after the latest world championship won in 2010 with another extraordinary car, the MC12.

The arrival of the MC20 is an important event for the Modena-based company, not only because of the racing comeback, but also because it will be the first car to adopt a new engine 100% designed, developed and produced by Maserati itself.

lineaTesoro, 3500 GT and Igor Ound like this.
  4. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    can't wait. anyone here getting one? :)

5. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    I’ll look at it closely!

SV

willcrook likes this.
  6. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    "MMXX. The time to be audacious. Tune in September 9th at 8:35 pm CEST to follow the live event for the Global Premiere of the Maserati MC20".

Can't wait!

Pawilly likes this.
  7. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
  8. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
  9. ferrarifanatic25

ferrarifanatic25 Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2009
    OC
    Looks great! Can’t wait to learn more with the official unveiling tomorrow. Funny how they can never keep these things under wraps... always gets leaked the day before

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

9nb likes this.
  10. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    Dont think any of these leaks are ever an accident but I’m bias, I do love conspiracy theories haha.

11. lineaTesoro

lineaTesoro Formula Junior
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Dec 10, 2012
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Omar Fernandez
    Eventually I'll be making a different Front Spoiler and a rear wing for it.
    While at factory last year in May , got to see the Engine in the works.

12. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    It's alright i guess.

13. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    It looks like an alpine or 4c competitor..but it's 620hp?

How much much will this be?

14. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Shaped alot like a P918. It looks nice but not as good as some of the Ferrari's that have been shown in the last few years.

15. OmbryAmbry

OmbryAmbry Rookie

Nov 20, 2018
    Full Name:
    KG
    #44 OmbryAmbry, Sep 8, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
    I think it looks better IMO. Harkens back to the 75th Birdcage concept that never went anywhere.

Boomhauer likes this.
  16. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    I had high hopes for it but visually it doesn't do much for me.

17. TeamF1Jr

TeamF1Jr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Let's guess price, when you figure the Granturismo MC in its final year was $162k and the Portofino is what, $218k so you have to figure something in between. Let's call it $189K plus options, that's my guess.

18. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Something Bugatti Divo about it

19. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    I think less

20. Jonathan19

Jonathan19 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2017
    France
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    I'm going to wait to see it for real personally, at the moment I'm not really convinced.

21. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    If it is under $200k, that’s pretty cool to get “doors up.”
    Design-wise, a bit soft and bland for me, but maybe caters to a general crowd.
    What are the engine specs?
    Mas’s do have a great engine note.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk