Help needed with hose dimensions 400i ser I | FerrariChat

Help needed with hose dimensions 400i ser I

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by sebackman, Sep 9, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sebackman

sebackman Karting

May 19, 2010
    Europe
    #1 sebackman, Sep 9, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Dear all,

I need to change the vacuum hoses from the cam driven vacuum pump and the valve cover to the brake booster. What dimension are these? Are they the same dimension on both sides of the connector on the brake booster (ie pump side and valve cover side)?

It appears that the connector on the cam driven vacuum pump is 14mm. Is that right ID for the hose? Would fuel hose do for vacuum in that size ID?

While I'm at it will change the small vacuum hoses from the valve covers to the warm up regulators and on the right hand side also the hoses that go the gearbox vacuum amplifier and on to to the auto gearbox. What are the correct dimensions on those?

Kind regards and thank you
    //Rob

2. Al Campbell

Al Campbell Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2013
    Australia
    #2 Al Campbell, Sep 9, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
    Hi,

I recently replaced all mine & struggled to find vacuum hose with a large enough diameter.
    I ended up using truck air brake hose - DOT CT AIR BRAKE 12.5mm SP (1/2"SP) SAE J1402 A
    It has an outside diameter of 22mm so was still small enough to fit through the small space in the inner guard with the aircon hoses etc (right hand drive car).
    I went with 1/2" as the one way valves are 1/2" and it squeezed over the larger connectors OK.
    Hope it all goes well for you, some of these connections are in bad spots to get to & I found it easier to modify a set of pliers for the job than disassemble too much.

Cheers,
    Al
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    No, fuel hose will collapse under high vacuum (vacuum hose has a much thicker/stiffer wall to prevent collapsing under vacuum).