Portofino facelift - A new journey begins | FerrariChat

Portofino facelift - A new journey begins

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by coolhandshin, Sep 3, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. coolhandshin

coolhandshin Rookie

Nov 24, 2016
  2. SilverLeaf

SilverLeaf Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2011
    The teaser link doesn't work anymore (too many views). Do they mention that the event is for the Portofino anywhere? From the picture you posted, there may be more than one update announced on the 16th.

3. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    I didn't see anything about the car in the video. Based on the picture above, I think Ferrari is trying to get their Owner website community going again. But we'll see.

4. coolhandshin

coolhandshin Rookie

Nov 24, 2016
    I'm sorry that the link is closed so quickly.

The teaser video does not explicitly mention Portofino. It consists of many different Ferrari models in streets of europe and mentions the date at the end.
    As you comment, there may be other updates as well.

5. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
    It’s working in the Ferrari app. Only a date...no hint as to a launch.

6. coolhandshin

coolhandshin Rookie

Nov 24, 2016
    456-boy likes this.
  7. coolhandshin

coolhandshin Rookie

Nov 24, 2016
    456-boy likes this.
  8. SilverLeaf

Feb 1, 2011
  9. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
  10. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    (Sorry for last picture, my browser didn’t refresh and I haven’t seen this announced has already been posted a few posts before).

Apart from that, I’m excited to know the name and the design of the Portofino facelift!

11. keithos27

keithos27 Formula 3

Oct 26, 2012
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Based on that photo it looks like a Portofino engine bay, right?

12. SilverLeaf

Feb 1, 2011
    #12 SilverLeaf, Sep 10, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
    New, higher quality photos of the camouflaged mule (full picture gallery with many more photos is at the bottom of the article). It looks like the design has barely changed, with new lower air intakes in the front bumper and a different lower fascia in the rear. Not sure it's a design improvement.

The headlights are unchanged. If the article is correct, the most significant updates seem to be the engine and dual clutch transmission from the Roma.

https://www.carscoops.com/2020/09/facelifted-ferrari-portofino-spied-hiding-subtle-updates/
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Overall, I'm not sure that the design changes are an improvement, but at least they didn't completely f*ck up the existing design either.

13. Florida Joe

Florida Joe Karting

Jul 28, 2005
    South Florida
    I am surprised they had a teaser and various spy shots on the Internet with what is looking like minimal changes. I would have preferred to see Roma headlights and an upgraded interior.

14. sandisk

sandisk Karting

Jul 16, 2013
    Main difference on this one still seems to be the shape of the rear diffuser.

15. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    These mules are probably equipped on purpose with these lights in order to fool us with the final styling... still 6 days to go until the official reveal.

Florida Joe and sandisk like this.
  16. coolhandshin

coolhandshin Rookie

Nov 24, 2016
    Two versions of the front headlights for the test mule. I agree with 456-boy, maybe just to fool us.

At least a new set of wheel design is for sure :)

17. MisterMaranello

MisterMaranello F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    The Portofino facelift will see 620 hp, Roma like front. 8 speed gearbox and Roma like interior. Not much more.

18. sandisk

sandisk Karting

Jul 16, 2013
    Think the test mule wheels are actually ones from a Cali!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

456-boy likes this.
  19. coolhandshin

coolhandshin Rookie

Nov 24, 2016
    I thought they were a little different, but my bad, they are indeed exactly same.

I think the basic wheel of Portofino is more original and unique!

456-boy likes this.
  20. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    Guess I sold my Portofino at a good time!

Caeruleus11 and 09Scuderia like this.
  21. Florida Joe

Florida Joe Karting

Jul 28, 2005
    South Florida
  22. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    It was going to be the replacement for my daily (570S), but a GTC4Lusso ended up being a better fit for me right now given the pandemic situation/fires here in California and family wanted to be hauled around. I can't really haul the kid around in a Portofino.

I also felt like having the turbo V8 was redundant to the Pista. I like having a little bit more of a different experience if I'm going to pay that much to have a supercar/superGT daily.

23. coolhandshin

coolhandshin Rookie

Nov 24, 2016
    #23 coolhandshin, Sep 13, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
    In this email and video, Ferrari marketing chief Enrico Galliera drives a Roma in a twisted Italian road and praises how good the Roma is, and at the end, says he will introduce a "sister" version of it on wednesday :)

I think the headlights will definitely be revised to mimic Roma, and while digitalization of the dashboard is quite certain, a complete makeover of the whole layout of the interior might also be in the way!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. Florida Joe

Florida Joe Karting

Jul 28, 2005
    South Florida
    Coolhandshin
    Where do you see this? I have the My Ferrari app and looked at the corp website. nada

25. coolhandshin

coolhandshin Rookie

Nov 24, 2016
    Through my emails; I told my Ferrari sales rep a while ago that I was interested in the new Portofino, and I think he enrolled me on an interested customer list of some sort :)