LaFerrari Successor Competitors - New Super Exotic Car Designs | FerrariChat

LaFerrari Successor Competitors - New Super Exotic Car Designs

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Rossocorsa1, Sep 9, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Over the past two years an array of new ultra exotic supercars have been reveled. Some of the more spectacular include the Lotus Evija, De Tomaso P72, Aston Martin Valkyrie, T.50, and others. Ferrari certainly has their work cutout for them to surpass these remarkable cars when they introduce the LaFerrari successor (though I’m confident they will). Strictly from a design standpoint, which of these incredible new cars is your favorite and why?

2. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    nicolaprince and tomc like this.
  3. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    Looks wise, I like the lotus the most, but I truly feel that the T50 is a better concept of what a supercar should be. It focuses more on being the ultimate drivers car than a track weapon that drives itself. That being said I can't afford any of them, and the manufacturers have to make a product that appeals to the people capable of affording them.

LightGuy and MarkTodd like this.
  4. MarkTodd

MarkTodd Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Just my opinion, but the T50 has to be the high water mark. It may not have the most cutting edge design but from an overall supercar concept I have to agree with Dustin. "The T50 is a better concept what a supercar should be". It gets my vote.

Boomhauer and imahorse like this.
  5. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Evija: Really looks like bespoke piece of jewelry, with rocket sled abilities, a bit heavy (about 1700kg)

From about 3m mark, faint dentist drill like sounds, and hope you are not in a rush, looking how slowly the robotic door closes

From about 4m40s mark, another view of doors closing:
    and about 5m21s, hope you are not in a hurry to exit (doors open very slowly)

Given that the doors apparently operate only 'under power', how do you get out in case of power loss, seems like that might be an issue.

By comparision, LaF, about 55s mark and 1m45s:

normal door operation...perhaps the way it should be?

And so many videos of the car 'in motion' have a sound track, apparently there is nothing to hear...

I wonder if Lotus has some sort of embargo on the car's sound when in motion, at 1m54s here

As well as every other video I can find, each immediately switches to a sound track. I am having issue finding a 'sound' video of the car actually performing faster than walking pace...

I certainly think Ferrari can easily best this sort of competition, the sounds alone if Ferrari is allowed per EU strangulations.

6. SmokyDave

SmokyDave Karting

Jul 13, 2015
    England
    I love the look of the Evija, from the front axle centreline backwards. Not keen on the nose.

I suspect the 1680kg kerb weight would give Colin Chapman some serious cold sweats, especially next to the T.50.

7. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    #8 Rossocorsa1, Sep 10, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
    I would agree that the nose (more specifically the hood) is the weakest part of the Evija, but it still an overall masterpiece. The nose to me is actually great but the hood slats, to me, could have been a bit smaller but deeper. Still, from certain angles, they look awesome. Seeing it person would be an occasion.

8. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Great videos. I’m assuming the powered doors, and how slow they are, are merely for impact on the show car. The first video also shows them going up and down very quickly, so there are probably multiple settings.

9. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
  10. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Interesting regarding the Maserati MC20 - they actually focused on a design with diminished aero and Instead channel air under and within the car. I’m not a fan of excessive aero (Lamborghini Centenario, for example), but I love beautifully integrated and aggressive aero. After all, these are aggressive cars by definition. The MC20 design doesn’t scream “supercar” to me. I find it rather dull. The only thing that suggests supercar in its design are the doors. Otherwise, it’s seems to be an elegant GT.

11. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    I heard the mc20 will be starting at $210,000 so it won't exactly be a hypercar competitor. I think it looks really good for that price segment though. I had mistakenly assumed they were going to be competing with the 7 figure cars.

12. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I love how the lotus looks but it's electric so to me that is a non starter in terms of an emotional purchase.
    Same with the Pininfarina. Beautiful but electric.

The rest - i love the Valkyrie. I hope they can still produce it despite their $$ trouble.
    Cant say that i like the DeTomaso.
    The T50 has a nice tech sheet but looks way too bland for $3m.

I have warmed up to the Merc One. It looks pretty spectacular.

red passion likes this.
  13. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Dont like the Lotus at all. I do like the DeTomaso but its a bit heavy handed

14. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Qavion and jpalmito like this.