L’IDEA FERRARI book autographed by Piero Ferrari. | FerrariChat

L’IDEA FERRARI book autographed by Piero Ferrari.

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by Shermanator, Aug 16, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shermanator

Shermanator Karting

Aug 31, 2018
    SoCal, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Sherman Gregory
    I have a copy of the L’IDEA FERRARI book apparently autographed by Piero Ferrari. I purchased this book for an insignificant amount of money from the estate of the famous yacht designer Doug Peterson. I knew Doug from hanging out in the yacht club bar and often discussed yacht design topics, but never knew he had an interest in Ferraris. I do not know what Doug’s connection to Piero was. Maybe he designed a yacht for him.

I was wondering if anyone has any opinion on the significance of this. I really have no idea how significant it is or what I should do with it. I guess just leave it on the coffee table. Although I am a Ferrari owner and always have been interested in Ferraris, I don’t hang out with other Ferrari people, so I don’t know anyone else that would appreciate it.

Any thoughts?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Il Cavalieri and ChipG like this.
  2. Regular Guy 01

Regular Guy 01 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 10, 2011
    Tacoma, WA
    Full Name:
    Eugene Greer
    Nice find and a great story behind it. To find something like this signed is a true find.
    Enjoy having it and share it with those you wish (and those who will appreciate it).
    You will find many who will buy it from you if and when you are ready.....

Best wishes,
    Gene Greer

Jack-the-lad likes this.
  3. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I have both the hardcover and the paper cover of the edition, that's a cool find!

4. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    Is the book written in English?

5. Shermanator

Shermanator Karting

Aug 31, 2018
    SoCal, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Sherman Gregory
    Mine is. The book was written to commemorate an exhibition at Forte di Belvedere in Florence from June 8th to September 8th, 1990. In the front of the book it says "This exhibition was realized with the help of Ferrari North America and its dealership network". That would explain why the book is in English.

of2worlds likes this.
  6. red27

red27 Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2010
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Mark Oliver
    Oh that makes me feel old!! I went to visit and remember it as being an amazing setting. Each car was displayed in its own glass cube. I definitely couldn’t afford any souvenirs back then but I must have some ‘old school’ photos in a box somewhere...

Best to all.
    Mark.

of2worlds likes this.
  7. SmokyDave

SmokyDave Karting

Jul 13, 2015
    England
    Although it seems from above that there is an English version, don’t take it for granted. Mine (firm softcover, 1990 IIRC) is all Italian text. It’s a very nice book.

8. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
  9. Ferri

Ferri Formula Junior

Dec 26, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Hugo Garritsen
    This book/catalogue came in different editions. Black Softcover (in Italian & English) published by Ferrari/Fabbri Editori, White Hardcover (in Italian) published by Ferrari/Fabbri Editori. and Black Hardcover published by commercial publishers as Motorbooks, Tauris Park Books.

Attached Files:

Rosey likes this.
  10. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    Thanks for the explanation Hugo.

11. Shermanator

Shermanator Karting

Aug 31, 2018
    SoCal, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Sherman Gregory
    Mine is a white hardcover in English published by Ferrari/Fabbri Editori. It looks just like the lower left one in the picture.

Rosey and of2worlds like this.