430 - Anyone have the F430 wiring diagrams | FerrariChat

430 Anyone have the F430 wiring diagrams

Discussion in '360/430' started by CoreyNJ, Sep 13, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    Specifically I’m looking for the rear harness that connects to the two sub harnesses for the tail lights. I think I have a broken wire or bad connector. Just drove my car for the first time at night yesterday and noticed the drivers side tail light was out. All the brake lights work. I tried the bulbs but that wasn’t it. I tested the light assembly using a bench supply and it works. So I tested the harness plug and the tail light doesn’t work when I turn on my headlights. Brake light still functions fine when the headlights are on. I figure it might be the sub-harness that plugs into the main rear one. On my car it seems to have been zip tied pretty tight from the factory and it might have broken internally, but before I order one I wanted to check the wiring diagram and then test the main harness plug where it connects.

Thanks,
    Cheers,
    Corey

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. Manda racing

Manda racing Formula 3

Feb 25, 2015
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I Have Vol. one and two Electrical Factory manuals of 430 Scuderia Euro.

fwiw

I can’t get my hands on them until Wednesday.

3. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    I am fairly sure that the front left side light and the rear right tail light are on the same circuit, and the other opposite pair are on another circuit. The 2 fuses are in the front luggage compartment.
    So if you have 1 of the 2 opposites then it is the bulb holder or the fitting at fault

4. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    I took a look at the fuse list. It shows a single fuse for tail lights. I do see the separate "position" indicator fuses like you mentioned, but isn't that for your "turn indicator" signals? Those seems to work for me. It literally is just the light on the drivers side rear outer rear that should turn on with the head lights/lamps.

Thanks for any help

Cheers,
    Corey

5. Bill ochrane

Bill ochrane Karting

Oct 26, 2018
    Galveston, Texas
    Full Name:
    William Cochrane
    Corey, what year is your 430? I have a 2005 coupe and had this problem. It was the passenger side rear tail light that wasn't coming on. I noticed that the running light on the driver's side front was not on either. This is that long light inside the headlight housing. I suggest that instead of "looking" at the fuse list you change the fuses.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    That is no 17, hazard and direction. Take 1 fuse out at a time and note what goes out

7. Bill ochrane

Bill ochrane Karting

Oct 26, 2018
    Galveston, Texas
    Full Name:
    William Cochrane
    I was pointing to 16 and 20.

8. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    I think you guys may be right. Strange you would think tail lights would be tail lights.

I don’t have any spare fuses to check till later today, but I did run out and turn on the DRL lights only, when I turned on the headlamps there is enough reflection to not see that the opposite side DRL is out. But it is. So I think you guys are right. What sucks is I took the whole assembly for a light out for no reason and wasted an hour testing everything with a meter, but if it saves me from spending $150 on a harness for no reason and did give my 13 year old a chance to sit in the car and press the brakes and turn the lights on and off while I was doing it.

I’ll keep you posted if it was the fuse later today.

Cheers,
    Corey

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

9. Bill ochrane

Bill ochrane Karting

Oct 26, 2018
    Galveston, Texas
    Full Name:
    William Cochrane
    Corey - Just switch the fuses and see if the problem moves to the other side.

10. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    I won't be able to pull the car out of the garage till lunch time, so I might as well run down and buy a couple of fuses to have on hand first.

11. Bill ochrane

Bill ochrane Karting

Oct 26, 2018
    Galveston, Texas
    Full Name:
    William Cochrane
    Personally, I would buy a variety box to have spares for all fuses.
    '

12. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    Well thanks everyone... It was the fuse. took two trips to the autoparts store, since Ferrari apparently uses different fuses than every other European car I have ever owned. I did buy a pack of 5amp for the lights and an assorted pack which I will keep in the car.

The hardest part was re-assembling everything. Not much room to get a long 10mm socket in to tighten down the outer tail light and the cable for the gas cap release was fun till I realized I could just put a piece of solid 20ga wire wrapped around the cable and some electrical tape to keep it flat against the cable end to pull it though the engine bay panel.

Cheers,
    Corey