post your insurance rates | Page 2 | FerrariChat

post your insurance rates

Discussion in '308/328' started by rob lay, Sep 13, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    This sounds exactly like my conversation with Hagerty. I can drive it as *I* (specifically, ME) like, but not in a daily/constant manner of a daily driver. Out driving, and a quick stop by the store? Fine. Weekly grocery trips? No. Drive to work on occasion? Fine. Every day? No.

Also, since I forgot in my original post: 1985 308QV; AV is around $65K. NO ONE but me is on the policy, and I actually filed an exception to my son (that he is disallowed from driving the car, completely, and not considered on the policy.)

2. Zeus

Zeus Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 28, 2007
    Palm Beach
    Full Name:
    Lawrence
    1989 328 GTS and two of my other cars (a Porsche and Aston Martin) on one policy with SAFECO for a total premium cost of $1,200 for all three. Agreed value for the 328 is now $130,000 (but was $150,000 for the past 2 years) and have generous agreed values for the other cars as well. No valuation appraisals necessary, just supplied the 7 photos for each car that they designated. Unlimited mileage, and no restrictions for all three. Only caveat was I had to have another car to drive, which I do, but didn't have to designate it as a daily driver or even identify it. IMO, it's one helluva deal!

3. chris_columbia

chris_columbia Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 5, 2008
    Columbia MD
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I'm also using SAFECO(Liberty mutual). $235/yr as a daily driver, full coverage. 83QV. I called Hagerty once. They wanted way more and didn't want me to drive to work, so that was a no go. Some weeks, I used to use it for work commute all 5 days, now it goes no where, with covid.

4. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    Nice! Do you have an agreed-upon value on the policy? It would be interesting to know what the coverages and deductibles are. That seems like a really low price. I'm at $45k AV on my Mondial with good coverage through Grundy for just under $500 a year (in Texas and with a speeding ticket on my record). I'm listed as the only driver.

2cam

5. chris_columbia

chris_columbia Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 5, 2008
    Columbia MD
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I have no agreed upon value, but I used it once with the 456 and they were very generous. The value of a car, even a Ferrari doesn't keep me up at night. Much more worried about some dark foggy night when I hit some pedestrian by accident. That could cost millions.

6. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    I'm embarrassed to post what I pay. Metro NY probably highest locality around. USAA unrestricted policy on 2 f cars , 4 other cars (full comp & collision, 1k deductible) , 3 drivers including 19yrold son at $18K / year.

I didn't like the restricted or agreed value policys, in fact one of them said no bc of young son in household .

I think I pay the most of everyone I talk to. :(

7. PappyDewBoston

PappyDewBoston Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2018
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Chris Nadeau
    I’m in Boston with almost the same stable of cars and young drivers (2) and about the same Coverage. 19k. Ugh

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

8. FerrariTexas

FerrariTexas Karting

Aug 31, 2009
    Austin
    Just curious if either of you had shopped your policies in the past two years? Normally, Insurers penalize the old customers with high rates and rate inflation on a depreciating (normally) asset. New customers often get teaser rates, which then go to the prior sentence's pricing structure.

9. Jeppedo

Jeppedo Karting

Sep 30, 2017
    Alberta, Canada
    Hagerty (CDN Dollars):
    1982 308 Valued At - $75K
    Family Protection - $2 Million
    Deductible - $100

Premium is $649

10. PappyDewBoston

PappyDewBoston Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2018
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Chris Nadeau
    I did and was declined by most. 2 boys with speeding tickets living in the house even if they aren’t allowed to drive my “nice” cars. Haggerty etc. declined to quote.

11. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    I am in SF and north of 20. One son just turned 18. My 308 is sub 1k but I am getting crushed on our 812 and portofino.

12. J-P

J-P Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2007
    Based on posts, I’m guessing regular (non-agreed value) policies tend to be less expensive than agreed-value policies. I’m always concerned an insurance company will try to low-ball the value of a car and total it out and leave an owner without enough funds to replace what they lost.

Anyone here have prior experience with such a scenario, and what was the outcome?

13. ragtop1

ragtop1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2006
    Ontario
    Full Name:
    Larry Warren
    Haggarty
    79 GTS
    rated as a #2 car
    $750/yr for $75,000 replacement value

14. rocket50

rocket50 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 9, 2004
    Nashville
    Full Name:
    Rod
    American Modern
    88 328 GTS, can't be daily driver
    AV $85,000
    $650/yr with 3000 mile limitation
    Had 5000 mile limit the first year but only went 2500. I believe that was $800/year.
    Shopped Hagerty and was quoted $1700/year with 3000 mile limit. WHAT!
    Grundy was actually the cheapest at $500/yr but I couldn't get coverage because the state of TN was locked down on new policies due to snow melt and flooding in April. We haven't had any significant snow in at least 3-4 years. ??????
    Maybe I need to look at some other companies.

15. pshoejberg

pshoejberg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2007
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Peter H
    #40 pshoejberg, Oct 18, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
    83QV, 480$ yearly, No winter driving (-5 month), agreed max value 118K $, tracking mandatory.

Best, Peter