Nice article on 812 vs Aston Martin | FerrariChat

Nice article on 812 vs Aston Martin

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by 575joe, Sep 14, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Very well done, and I can heartily agree with his assessment of the 812. I would add however, that I have no difficulty whatsoever driving the 812 serenely when needed.

tickerhound and Caeruleus11 like this.
  2. Napoli

Napoli Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    NOYB, Ray!
    I've had my 812 for 2.5 months and I am not yet ready for serene driving.

Caeruleus11, maxaret and gliazzurri like this.
  3. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    agree, but some people consider it bad form to keep ramming into the cars in front of you.

wrs and Gh21631 like this.
  4. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    I don't mind the stiffer ride because I didn't buy the car as a GT car but as a supercar to better my 488. It's everything the article says. I put in the full electric seats which make up some for the stiffer ride. No complaints from me at all. Glad to read the compliments.

SeattleStew and italiafan like this.
  5. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    #6 Frank_C, Sep 15, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2020
    Very much on point. But I don’t think of the 812 as a GT. It is a sports car.

Back in ‘05 I chose the Vanquish S over the 575 as I wanted a GT (to go along with my ‘04 360 spider). And while I owned it, I drove it 100 mi a day in comfort. It is the only car I regret losing.

The sound of that V12 is the best sound I’ve ever heard - a low cat-like guttural growl - I had AM pin those valves open at delivery.

I’ve since come full circle and wanted a sports car, which is why I chose the 812 over the DBS. The performance of this production “road” car is absolutely mind blowing - the 812 can hold its own competitively with more dedicated “track” cars. And not just the prototypical “mustang guy” muscle flexing on the straights. The car is very agile given its size and weight.

The smiles on the faces of other drivers in the paddock as they shake their heads at the sheer speed and cornering ability of the 812 says it all.

One can say the DBS for a GT is impressive but the 812 as a sports car is unbeatable!

(The DBS’ interior misgivings are noted.)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

MB224, wrs and SeattleStew like this.
  6. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    "The Ferrari nearly always feels way too much and you breathe a sigh of relief when you get out of it at times. Yet within seconds the V12 draws you back. Better have another go, just to check it’s really as mad as it seemed…"

I skip the sigh of relief step and go straight to the 'better make sure it's that mad' step every time I drive. Can confirm, it's maddeningly fun to drive.

When I picked the 812, the DBS was on my list. The 812 is a fun and exciting sports car that still works great as a GT. Add the comfort seats like WRS said, and it's even better suited for GT than the buckets that were on the demo car they used.

wrs likes this.
  7. Jas

Jas Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Jas
    Electric steering :(

8. tickerhound

tickerhound Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2016
    IL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    The 812 is such an incredible car, I also have a Speciale but find myself picking the 812 more often for a nice drive. Ordered mine from new, not regretting paying a premium one bit.

day355, KenU, Boomhauer and 2 others like this.