What happened to Ricambi? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

What happened to Ricambi?

Discussion in '348/355' started by chopsui, Sep 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. asgor

asgor Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2016
    Virginia, USA
    Storm in a tea cup.

Ferrari dealers (U.S.-based and foreign) who have online part diagrams will continue to do so: their profit margins over parts are gargantuan and online orders are a giant slice of their Parts Dept. business.

Independent sellers may have to pull their diagrams but parts availability won't be affected as none of them buy parts from Ferrari anyway. Ferrari can't pull the plug on a supply chain they don't manage to begin with.

2. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Pretty sure the parts that come in the yellow box with the black horse come from the Ferrari factory? Like my new 348 instrument cluster panel. perhaps not parts you can cross reference like Bosch throttle position sensors or whatnot but Ferrari parts definitely.

Anyhow let's hope it's not a big issue like you say.:)

Sent using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    wonder if you can still find the diagrams and p.n.s through the way back machine website or use "website watcher" program to save the ones you can still find online locally onyour own computer?

4. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    http://www.httrack.com/page/2/en/index.html

Qavion likes this.
  5. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    https://archive.org/web/web.php

6. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    Maybe someone will put up a website that doesn't sell the parts itself but allows you to go through the diagrams and click on parts you need, then present you with the link to sellers and prices they're asking. o_O

ShineKen likes this.
  7. Jackie and bill

Jackie and bill Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2014
    GB
    Full Name:
    William
    God I totally loved that :)

QSA, carguyjohn350 and Robb like this.
  8. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    a start.... https://www.the355.com/index.php/parts

9. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
  10. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    You can go to a site like Algor or Tom Vail's and print each diagram and combined all into one PDF. I did that yesterday for my 308 QV and 355 2.7

Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. carguyjohn350

carguyjohn350 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    John P
    As others have said, as long as we each hoard the information and share freely and privately, we are ok, but what a stupid problem to have.

tres55, tatry68 and EastMemphis like this.
  12. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
  13. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #64 Ferrarium, Sep 16, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
    It all depends though. We act like people have never used the web or googled anything. It's not 1998.

• When the question is "What is the rear tire PSI for a stock 355 tire", the answer is 38 psi, move on.
    • When the question is, "Should I buy a 348" which is subjective and nuanced and it depends on many things and the board contains literally hours of discussion on that topic in all its gaudy nuance, the OP is best served to read and absorb all that commentary and to that end the OP is actually best served with “try the search tool” perhaps with a sentence of preamble of course. Teach a man to fish and all that. The history is the single greatest attribute on this site. I just searched a question that was answered back in 2015 about 348 ecu pinouts.
    I think there is a difference in "use the search" to be rude and "use the search" to best serve them. Its not always as simple "38 psi". It has its place for usage I suspect.

copterjon and bjwhite like this.
  14. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    How about "how many years between timing belt changes?"

INRange, Ferrarium and Robb like this.
  15. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Definitely "try the search tool"

16. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Sorry to hear this Daniel-San.

17. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Let me offer this additional post -- it won't be my last, but hopefully will offer a bit of my perspective:

1. Ricambi America is not going away, we're not going anywhere.

2. See #1

3. We are moving at break-neck speed to reorganize our site and make items easier to find and easier to purchase. The mandated change in our content unintentionally coincided with a massive overhaul/upgrade of our site platform from Magento 1 to Magento 2. That's pretty un-interesting to 99% of the planet, but for us it was a project that took 6 months and a crap-ton of money. Magento 2 gives us a vastly more secure shopping cart and wildly improved options for the user-experience. Our mobile deployment is coming soon -- yes, I know the current mobile experience sucks. The only way to comply with the content changes was to push the site live now, knowing it wasn't fully ready. Sorry... that was my judgement call. Our old site could not have complied with the required changes in content by the deadline I was given by 'external parties'.

4. Competitors which continue to display content which we are all used to seeing either have deeper pockets or wear bigger pants than me. I know all the names of parties which have been contacted regarding this matter. We must all comply, or nobody will comply. Things like this cannot be unequally enforced.

5. I am not stupid, despite what a lot of people think. I will protect my business and it's ability to support my family until I drop dead. Re-read that sentence if needed.

6. Getting emails from customers which say things like "your website sucks" or "what a dumb change" or "I'm gone... thanks for screwing it up" are not really super helpful.

7. See #1

8. Email, call, or use the chat feature on our site. Using the "Keyword Search" in the upper right of our website or the Collections page is also a good place to start.

9. I work 25 hours a day, 8 days a week. I have the toxic behavior combination of being an insomniac and workaholic. If you are looking for something, I'll help.... but ya gotta ask!

10. See #1

Wishing (mostly) everyone a safe weekend,
    Daniel

18. INRange

INRange F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2014
    Virginia/Florida/Caymans
    Full Name:
    JD

There is no one I would trust more than Daniel when it comes to responsiveness/resourcefulness in the never ending search for Ferrari parts.

Haters are going to hate....... they just don't know any other way to be. I own several small businesses and you need a thick skin in the online world since there are a lot emotionally challenged people out there. I always appreciate the ones who believe their unconstructive advice somehow has any value at all.

308 GTB likes this.
  19. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    It was VERY clear the second I saw that site change something much bigger was up and it was not "Ricambi". Why would they remove that fantastic catalog and superseded links? There is 1 and only 1 reason, it was painfully clear. Those who adjust will succeed, starting in early and learning what works and what does not is the key to that, it was a great decision. Although Joe six pack may not see it that way yet. But they will....
    Most know enough to call. Actually Daniel has never not answered now that I think about it, even on a weekend when I was taking a shot in the dark I may catch him, sure enough.

WATSON likes this.
  20. WATSON

WATSON Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    What a **** move by Ferrari. Having built on line catalogs, I know how much time (and $) went into Daniel's site.

The same person handling Ferrari F1 decisions must be in charge of customer experience operations as well.

I still have my 355, but glad I bought a GT3. Porsche at least pretends to like their customers. Ferrari is losing it.

jqpd99 likes this.
  21. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    watch out Ferrari can sue you for saying disparaging things. :)
    They sue for tasteless picture of their cars in social media I hear.
    Sue for people selling their cars.
    Sue for paint jobs they don't like on tier cars.
    Literally sue happy.

22. WATSON

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    Can we sue them for ruining the value of our cars by screwing over critical suppliers and destroying the brand with ****ty F1 racing?

Just a question....

Qavion, Ferrarium and Challenge like this.
  23. WATSON

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    Stand by.... ;)

tres55 likes this.
  24. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    Wish you the best of luck on this .. I have purchased a few things from RICAMBI ..you were very helpful on an issue I was having 6 or 7 years ago on one of my cars and your advice was both helpful and available .. .. I hope it all works out for you quickly
    best
    Larry