Sticky Button Cleaner | FerrariChat

Sticky Button Cleaner

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by irving203, Sep 15, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. irving203

irving203 Rookie

Aug 6, 2020
    Full Name:
    Joe Schmo
    Mirek and Ron328 like this.
  2. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    Thanks for sharing. Just ordered some !

irving203 likes this.
  3. F5506M

F5506M Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Ray
    why is it so shiny?

x z8 likes this.
  4. irving203

irving203 Rookie

Aug 6, 2020
    Full Name:
    Joe Schmo
    Not sure, it’s smooth as hell. I just figured the original finish was glossy.

5. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Because the parts need to be stripped and repainted to do them properly. Just stripping the sticky gives you that horrible shiny look with alot of parts. It is the makeup of those particular plastic parts, not all parts do that, actually most do not.

6. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    Did you just spray on, let it sit and wipe off or did it require a little more elbow grease than that?

7. irving203

irving203 Rookie

Aug 6, 2020
    Full Name:
    Joe Schmo
    For 4 dollars and 10 minutes of work, pretty happy with the results.

8. irving203

irving203 Rookie

Aug 6, 2020
    Full Name:
    Joe Schmo
    Definitely didn’t spray it on, I got my terry towel moist with it and wiped with a little bit of pressure, to avoid getting the internals wet. I used a q-tip for the small areas. As mentioned above, may not be effective for certain plastic parts but worked well on my 2011 California.

9. RossoC360

RossoC360 Formula Junior
    Owner

Jun 20, 2008
    Buffalo NY
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Here is a video that better explains the soft touch coating and what you can be left with if you decide to wipe it off instead of having it refinished properly.

10. irving203

irving203 Rookie

Aug 6, 2020
    Full Name:
    Joe Schmo
    Damn that’s amazing. Y’all have a very thorough process.

11. RossoC360

RossoC360 Formula Junior
    Owner

Jun 20, 2008
    Buffalo NY
    Full Name:
    Jason
    The video belongs to StickyRX, I just pulled it off of youtube. Their process is amazing and their facility is like a laboratory clean room for sticky trim refinishing/restoration.

Graz likes this.
  12. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Anyone not wanting to risk doing the work themselves and ruining parts, just email us with your needs, we can take care of it.

13. irving203

irving203 Rookie

Aug 6, 2020
    Full Name:
    Joe Schmo
    Good lord man, yes, you have a business. I understand that. This post was not trying to undermine your business model. Not everyone wants to take their car apart and mail in the components. Yes your process is meticulous and very effective. And yes, the product I found may not work on many components (I would think most people on this forum are smart enough to test it first).

I am very much a do it yourself-er, and had someone shared this information with me months ago, I would not have had to go through 8 different cleaners to find one that actually works really well (for my car).

All I’m doing is sharing my experience with others who have been looking for a solution that doesn’t involve tearing down the car and mailing in parts.

Nospinzone, ScottS and Mirek like this.
  14. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Thanks for posting. There are some parts that a touchup or removal,is just fine. I have two spots that I removed on the rear mirror dial in two cars.. Viola , they’re shiny but who cares.
    If it were all the pieces SNM would do the trick.