Pictures of US 458's lowered on STOCK springs | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Pictures of US 458's lowered on STOCK springs

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by RossoDiamante, Jul 11, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kimwizzzuuu

kimwizzzuuu Karting

Aug 26, 2018
    new york
    Full Name:
    Kim
    mdrums likes this.
  2. Jorligan

Jorligan Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 23, 2007
    Dexter, MI
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Where is it rubbing? You should look at the wheel liner for rub marks. Probably the spacers. The Speciale wheels already have a different offset which shifts the wheel outward. Adding the spacers would probably make it rub on the upper outside. You will probably need to remove the front spacer. Most people with the Italia add the spacers to get an offset similar to the Speciale. I changed to 488 wheels which have similar offset.

3. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    mdrums likes this.
  4. kimwizzzuuu

kimwizzzuuu Karting

Aug 26, 2018
    new york
    Full Name:
    Kim
    I have seen people put those 15mm novitec spacers on speciale, but unheard any rubbing issue. Driving it does not have any rubbing, but parking lot full lock turn make the rubbing, gotta see where is the rubbing marks when I get the car back from storage, hopefully an alignment could do the trick.

5. humdizzle

humdizzle Karting

Mar 9, 2016
    #55 humdizzle, Apr 15, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
    novitec springs and 15f/20r mm spacers. The car could use a little extra on the spacers... but then you would probably have to roll the lip inside the fenders... which im not about to do on a Ferrari lol. No front lifter here, but i've had lowered cars before and can manage.

View attachment 563707

Attached Files:

mdrums, JAhmed, blackbolt22 and 3 others like this.
  6. Jorligan

Jorligan Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 23, 2007
    Dexter, MI
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Good luck Car looks great.

7. s4play

s4play Karting

Oct 25, 2006
    So I got my 2015 Spider lowered on the factory springs. I have the front lift system on my car. I didn't want to use Novitec since I wanted to retain the factory setup just a lower height. I had the local Ferrari do it for me since the car had to go in for a routine checkup and fresh battery as the old one wasn't holding a charge.

The manager was a great guy and kept me in the loop with pictures and he told me with the AFS, the max they can lower up front is 15mm. The rears can go lower but we wanted it to match so he lowered the rear also to 15mm. Overall the car looks much better and I got the alignment done.

Will find some pics later but there is a video of the car on my Youtube channel here:

8. Itsjc305

Itsjc305 Rookie

Sep 2, 2020
    Full Name:
    Joaquin
    How is the drive compared to stock?

I'm dropping on stock springs soon but hear the ride feels softer.

9. Itsjc305

Itsjc305 Rookie

Sep 2, 2020
    Full Name:
    Joaquin
    BEAUTIFUL!

I'm copying this exact setup of dropping on stock springs and doing 15f/20r novitec spacers.

How is the ride compared to stock?

Also, did yours have a front lift?

Thanks

10. Nsd991

Nsd991 Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2012
  11. soulsea

soulsea Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    @soulseainsc
    Thanks. :)

So far as I can tell she rides exactly like stock.

Yes she has the front lift.

12. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    mdrums, JAhmed and Mikael-F360 like this.
  13. eYoungman

eYoungman Rookie

Jun 18, 2020
    Northern Colorado
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

I know this thread is ancient, but since I used it to make the decision to lower mine… Here she is Before/After with factory coilovers (no front lift)

I lowered it 20mm up front, then adjusted the rear to match the gap in front. One shock had the dreaded seized spring perch, so I had to buy a new one… $1575 shipped from Ferrparts

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

mdrums, RoadRonin and 458Forza like this.
  14. VoiceOfReason

VoiceOfReason Rookie

Feb 21, 2023
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Full Name:
    eric james
    What about ground clearance up front before / after these scenarios ?

I haven't yet taken delivery of a 458 spider . but it's coming... and it Includes the Novitec springs and also the factory springs. They'll install whichever set I want before delivery. It looks really good on the Novitecs, but what will be the ground clearance up front ? What is it in OEM mode ?

Asking because I am trying to measure my driveway ramp angle... its gonna be close

I honestly cannot find it on line anywhere and thought this thread would be a source.

15. s4play

s4play Karting

Oct 25, 2006
    This is our 458 Spider on Novitec suspension, the stock height was ridiculous and unbearable for me when it sat higher than any of my cars....

You can see how low it is when we get it on the alignment rack but no issues, shows the suspension install to!

Enjoy

mdrums likes this.
  16. Live2win

Live2win Karting

Sep 27, 2019
    Pasadena MD
    Full Name:
    David perkins
  17. Live2win

Live2win Karting

Sep 27, 2019
    Pasadena MD
    Full Name:
    David perkins
    I assume you have a front lift button on your car. Remember the diffuser will get damaged if car too low when going over bumps.

18. ShadowF430

ShadowF430 Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2017
    Portland
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I plan on doing this. Like others have said, just too much lift on the front. For those who have done yourselves, any tips. Seems straight forward. Some ppls don’t even remove the fender liners: 3 bolts, compress springs with spring compressor and use spanner wrench to loosen and lower. Seems straight forward. I googled the spanner and recombi sells the jam nut (80 mm I think I was). Anyone know what size or where to get the other spanners?

19. ShadowF430

Mar 29, 2017
    Portland
    Full Name:
    Jason
  20. eYoungman

eYoungman Rookie

Jun 18, 2020
    Northern Colorado
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #70 eYoungman, Mar 4, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2023
    It’s such a hard question to answer. Does it look best on the Novitec springs? Yes. Will you scrape more often with them? Absolutely. I’m fortunate to have no curb on my driveway so I can’t answer for that… but you may be okay IF your spider has the front lift and maybe one of those Bridjit curb ramps

I opted to just adjust the coilovers on the factory springs for drivability.

After dropping 20mm on stock springs my front fenders to the floor measurement is about 27.75” From the floor to the front bumper (just under the little Cavallino) is 6.75”. Underneath the car from the floor directly under trunk is about 4”

21. eYoungman

eYoungman Rookie

Jun 18, 2020
    Northern Colorado
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I lowered mine with springs off of the car. There’s no way I could see having enough room to get enough torque to loosen the jam nut to adjust the spring perch. Unfortunately one of my coilovers was seized and I had to buy a new one — even after soaking in PB blaster for a week. I bought a JackTech SK3000 to compress the springs to make it super easy.

22. ShadowF430

Mar 29, 2017
    Portland
    Full Name:
    Jason
    yeah, I wouldn’t lower on the car. What spanners did you use? I want to have all the parts/tools before starting the job.

23. eYoungman

eYoungman Rookie

Jun 18, 2020
    Northern Colorado
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Honestly, I just bought a cheap set on Amazon. They worked well, but I had to tap them with a hammer to get the jam nut loose and they got pretty beat up.

24. Nsd991

Nsd991 Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2012
    My car was lowered.
    Things I learned:
    Not every car rides at the same height so can’t rely on anyone else’s amount lowered etc.
    Consider doing an alignment after lowering.
    Will need spacers if lower the car or else wheels will look super tucked in.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Borrow’d Mine and mdrums like this.
  25. Live2win

Live2win Karting

Sep 27, 2019
    Pasadena MD
    Full Name:
    David perkins
    5mm spacers