Lewis Hamilton discussion thread | Page 22 | FerrariChat

Lewis Hamilton discussion thread

Discussion in 'F1' started by Flavio_C, Aug 16, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WATSON

WATSON Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    Nope.

paulchua likes this.
  2. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I get it, there is a group that is just mad as hell. Unfortunately, misery does like to share company.

@ktu - 2 day ban for talking about Hamilton's race (again)

3. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Exactly as if his narcissism or whatever complex led him to fabricate a false personality that he would imagine as mythical.
    Hence the impression of falsehood.
    He’s locked himself up in a decalage role with what he really is and people perceive him

lagunacc likes this.
  4. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    To take the reasoning further.
    If Lewis did not say anything, nor participated in any social networks, with his list he would probably already be a legend.
    As the former French Mitterand president said." among those who have nothing to say the most interesting are those who keep silent"

Igor Ound likes this.
  5. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    You're correct;.

I am laughing at people mad about folks who can't stop talking about politics in F1 by not stopping talking about politics in F1. (forum)

You and this cohort can double/triple/quadruple down. Doesn't change the fact I personally think it's a comical exposition of the lack of self-awareness.

To the point, I have to give countless analogies (cakes) - and it still goes over people's heads it seems.

So to be perfectly clear - am I laughing at this behavior?

Guilty as charged.

Do I have disdain for members of this forum? I don't know any of you personally - I have no idea what your personal character is.

What I can base my judgment on is some folks continually scream at the top of their lungs in a library "Be Quiet" as a response to other loud folks.

Now they are angry at the librarians for asking them to be BOTH quiet.

Now, if you disagree with the rule that @rob lay set up 20 years ago that there should be no P&R in F1. Be my guest to petition it to him; I neither created the rule nor was involved in its genesis. Similarly, if you think libraries shouldn't have noise rules and are mad at the staff for enforcing it - you are free to visit your local city council and have them change the rule to make libraries be at full volume.

6. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Please close this thread.

cairns, spider_s and Boomhauer like this.
  7. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Sometimes it takes a few circles (obviously I'm talking about a track) for some people to get how things work. Thankfully most get it after just 1 lap, others get frustrated and crash (usually hitting other cars along the way) - and of course blaming them too.

8. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Nope, we mods want this to be a shining beacon on a hill. A lot of folks still don't understand.l (as you can see above.)

9. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

22 pages and multiple actions taken = ban. I sense some progress has been made? Will 50 pages be better lol

10. jag-oo-r

jag-oo-r Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Easy there, chalupa; everything i said in that post was in jest, hence the hearts and the haha's. You seem to be conflating me with someone who's arguing with you, which I'm not. That's not me.

I hate facemasks, but when the rules say to wear them, I comply. (Though I may have to be reminded from time to time until it's habitual.)
    Likewise: though I personally don't have any issue with forum threads taking wild turns, just as an organic conversation in person would, it's not my forum and I'm happy to comply with the rules. (Though you may have to remind me until it's habitual ;-) )

I was simply poking you in the ribs with a good-natured and somewhat sympathetic wink. It's tough to police any group of individuals, especially those like me who are always right. I wouldn't want the job, and thus I assume you don't either, but you're willing. Kudos to you.

But a suggestion?
    maybe relax just a little, and come up for air. ;-)

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

lagunacc and paulchua like this.
  11. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    Thank you.

lagunacc likes this.
  12. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Thanks, my man; I appreciate your follow up.

We get it's hard not to talk about F1 when some parts of it are embroiled in politics. To mirror FIA's approach yesterday, they will further clarify and provide clear guidelines on what can and cannot be said (and how.)

If drivers were to violate this, FIA will define the fines/actions they would take.

13. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
  14. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    True. Bottas’ actions with the safety car were completely within the rules.

15. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
  16. BMWairhead

BMWairhead Formula 3

Sep 11, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Ted
    Wow. About every six months I check the F1 forum to see if it has improved...

...see you in March.

lagunacc, cairns and paulchua like this.
  17. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Hi Ted, progress sometimes requires taking a few steps back before we move forward.

See you in 6 months friend, hopefully.

18. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    No risk of you getting banned then :)

19. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    stavura and ypsilon like this.
  20. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Reminds me of Sprockets. Funny you would post this @BOKE, considering Mika once dressed the same way:

(yup that's him)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

I've always considered myself open minded though,I've not been privy to men's Haute Couture (Hamilton or otherwise, so admittedly a new world for me) -

That said - I do again want to emphasize, folks that focus on F1 men's physical aesthetics do not violate P&R. You are all welcome here, Fchat wants to foster an inclusive environment.

Best to you @BOKE

21. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky

22. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    There is a cohort in these times that seek chaos, in a way - not a far off conclusion - in a fundamentally chaotic existence - it might be the only intellectually honest end game. Joker comes to mind as the most recent exercise in pop culture mirroring the zeitgeist.

Admit though, even in the most cynical of times, I at least *try* to keep the illusion alive, if for none other then onanism.

Indeed we are in No Country for Old Men...

23. john Owen

john Owen Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    John Owen
    Well said Tony..Having a high intellect is not mutually exclusive with Fame and wealth..Trouble is all these rich high profiled celebs have such massive egos, they no longer possess any common sense or self awareness..LH is just one example amongst many of today's social media driven shallow, hyper sensitive world..

kes7u and lagunacc like this.
  24. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky

Jakuzzi and paulchua like this.