Repaint or leave it? | FerrariChat

Repaint or leave it?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by CCMFF, Sep 18, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CCMFF

CCMFF Rookie

Nov 2, 2019
    Uxbridge Ontario
    Full Name:
    Colin Mason
    I’m struggling with this. The rocker panels on my California (mostly at the vent) are in need of repainting. Unfortunately whoever installed the 3M missed that area. Ferrari Ontario is suggesting repainting. Will this devalue the car?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

2. glob1971

glob1971 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 3, 2011
    Czech Republic
    Please post some pictures

3. CCMFF

CCMFF Rookie

Nov 2, 2019
    Uxbridge Ontario
    Full Name:
    Colin Mason
  4. CCMFF

CCMFF Rookie

Nov 2, 2019
    Uxbridge Ontario
    Full Name:
    Colin Mason
    I’ve only had the car since October/19. The rest of the car is 9.5. I was quoted to $7k to cut polish, full 3M and ceramic coat.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

5. glob1971

glob1971 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 3, 2011
    Czech Republic
    definitely repaint I did same driver and passenger side of my California, and then PPF couple of months later.

6. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Colin...How long do you anticipate holding on to this car? If it is short term, I would repaint. If it is long term, I would hold off until closer to resale. Good luck...T

whatheheck and russellmcg like this.
  7. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    On the rockers I would probably have someone good touch it up and then just wrap the rocker. It's not a metallic paint so it should not be too hard to get a good match. You'd have to get down pretty low to notice it anyway, I think. Rewrapping the entire car involves removing the old existing film and that carries risks of lifting the paint if they are not careful taking it off.