Wanted - Looking to buy my first Rolex | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Wanted Looking to buy my first Rolex

Discussion in 'Other Parts & Collectibles' started by Gle8, Jul 2, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
    My man. Eddie! That's a. good problem to have in one sense with inventory flying of the shelf, but that's too bad at the same time. I've ALWAYS enjoy our business transactions!

flat_plane_eddie likes this.
  2. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    No reason to get mad lol, I just like to move inventory and keep the ball rolling. I'm not the type to sit on something for a long time to get a home run.

I'd say the watch and jewelry world is worse because information is not as easily accessible and many questionable characters take advantage of that.

Always a pleasure on my end, as well! Modern Rolex sports models have been selling extremely fast since COVID started. Maybe a side effect of the virus is the desire to buy more Rolexes?

Drewbdo and technom3 like this.
  3. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
    Eddie, as the saying goes, "Pigs get Fat, Hogs get Slaughtered"!

flat_plane_eddie and technom3 like this.
  4. Joseph_Maniaci

Joseph_Maniaci Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Houston, TX
    I've sold a handful of watches to Eddie, including Patek, Rolex's, and Tudors, and he's a top notch dealer and will always be my first call. I can't recommend him highly enough, and I've done business with all the major "trusted sellers" at one time or another.

Drewbdo likes this.
  5. flat_plane_eddie

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Thanks Joe, hope everything is well with you!

6. ferrarifam

ferrarifam Karting

Jun 9, 2020
    Utah, USA
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Cool thread. Anyone have a new or used Daytona? I am on the hunt for one for my 1st Rolex and love the daytona model

7. Drewbdo

Drewbdo Karting

Apr 8, 2016
    Atlanta, Georgia
    I'm getting into nice watches. Are you on WUS, IG, C24, etc? Looking for people with good reputations to connect with for my collection.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

flat_plane_eddie likes this.
  8. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    Have you studied the Daytonas? There are many generations and variations. The price swing can be quite extreme. So, before you buy one, take a lot of time to try the different generations on...walk around the store for fifteen minutes and get a real sense of it...on a leather strap or on a bracelet...manual wind or automatic, screw down pushers or not, all steel, two tone, gold...and with the so-called Paul Newman dial...it is real or fake, did it come on that watch from the factory or was the dial put on it later. For a long time Rolex bought the movements from another company...made to Rolex specs but not made by Rolex. Eventually Rolex began making their own movements in house. All of this can have big effects on value based on current market trends and taste. The Vintage Rolex Forum is a good site for information.

9. flat_plane_eddie

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    I'll PM you.

Daytonas have been on fire for awhile but even more so now. They're pushing around 25k now retail. I sold a 2019 to a dealer for 24k.

desmomini and Drewbdo like this.
  10. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    @Husker Crappy picture, but it looks like a feet first white line 5512. The insert is fake though in case you didn’t know.

11. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    #36 Husker, Sep 19, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
    It is indeed a 5512. Nothing is fake on the watch. Not a single part of it has ever been replaced, it is 100 percent authentic and original, save a few internal parts that were replaced due to rust.

12. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Hey, easy big fella, don't shoot the messenger. Look at the number "50" on the insert. See how close it is to the edge? Now look at the "40" and the "20"; well known tell of an aftermarket insert.

19633500GT likes this.
  13. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    But it doesn't matter; inserts are readily available if you want one, and it is still a VERY nice piece. Wait until you see how much they are worth! Check hqmilton.com.

19633500GT likes this.
  14. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    Good morning Eddie,

Are the slightly older Daytonas holding up as well. I have a white faced sterling Daytona I bought new in 2008. I know the new ones have the ceramic surround. Thanks, Thomas

15. flat_plane_eddie

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Generally speaking the rising tide has lifted all boats so yes your Daytona is worth more than what it was before. I'll PM you for more specific information.

16. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    I took a close look, and all of the numbers are spaced identically from the edge. I suspect that the angle of the photo made for an optical illusion.

17. Davidspop

Davidspop Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Lance Malcolm
    Buy a Day Date on a leather band with Rolex buckle.... classic!

18. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    I inherited my dad's 1980's president. Its at Rolex now getting fixed (very notchy when moving the stalk).
    the guy at the AD was a bit flabbergasted when I made it very clear: no polishing!
    love it the way it is! was never worn much, but it is not super shiny gold.

Husker and Davidspop like this.
  19. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    That website shows zero watches in stock, no matter what you click on you get "There are no products matching the selection."

20. flat_plane_eddie

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    I'm having some Magento (website) and programmer issues so I took everything down this weekend. I'll be launching a new site so I don't want to deal with the old crap anymore. If you're looking for anything specific just PM me. A lot of stuff never makes it to the site anyways cause I have someone already in line.

21. 3604u

3604u F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2004
    london/singapore/JKT
    Full Name:
    D
    New submariner is lovely

22. Gle8

Gle8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

23. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Well done.

Gle8 likes this.
  24. flat_plane_eddie

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Congrats again and my pleasure. Now just make sure to wear it as much as possible!

Gle8 likes this.
  25. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    Next step, make sure you get it insured. I use Jewelers Mutual, but there are plenty of places out there. Not expensive, but covers if you damage it also which to be honest is the main reason I have the insurance, what if I accidentally whack it into something and break the crystal. Usually home owners won't cover stuff like this.

henryr likes this.