812 VS Rumors | Page 103 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    First time and last time for now:D

of2worlds and red passion like this.
  2. red passion

red passion Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    Alright thanks :D

3. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I still think it could be Rosso Mugello. Firstly, they were racing at Mugello circuit, for the special 1K race which they OWN. Additionally all the reds come through darker on the TV cameras. If you recall all Michael Schumacher’s Ferrari’s looked to be bright red on TV however when you saw one in person it was actually almost a neon red, or fluorescent pink. I remember reading to hearing back then that the cars had to be that color to come through red for the cameras.

Jdubleu and of2worlds like this.
  4. ferrarifanatic25

ferrarifanatic25 Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2009
    OC
    Will be interesting to see how the EV MC20 does compared to its ice counterpart. My guess is they won’t be able to give them away for free, but we will see. Nothing would make me happier than to see all of these new EV cars coming out be total failures.

stavura, KarlA69 and day355 like this.
  5. red passion

red passion Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    I see many sensible use cases for EVs. None of them are for performance cars though, at least from an ecological POV. Everything else is a matter of taste. Do you need ultimate acceleration, great handling and agility, a visceral experience and a great soundtrack..? It's always good to have options to choose from. However, I know what my preferences are.

Caeruleus11 and ferrarifanatic25 like this.
  6. cesman

cesman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2008
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Actually was more orange and became Rosso Scuderia. But looked red on tv

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Jdubleu likes this.
  7. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    didn't the Ferrari Daytona V12 engine have number "251" before?:)

8. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Yes it evolved. Go look at an F2000 in person. It is basically neon pink.

9. Jdubleu

Jdubleu Rookie

Oct 10, 2011
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    John Williams
    i never liked the fact that Marlboro influenced the racing livery red but at least their money kept Ferrari ahead of the competition.

10. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    I don t remember:D

of2worlds likes this.
  11. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    my assumptions may not be wrong in the end!:)

of2worlds likes this.
  12. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    Rosso Storico 127

13. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    This is just scaremongering nonsense. Even Porsche is expecting to be producing bigger ICE engines to comply with the new regs!

https://www.carscoops.com/2020/05/porsche-says-eu7-emissions-regulations-will-see-engines-grow-in-displacement/

14. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    This is just scaremongering nonsense. Even Porsche is expecting to be producing bigger ICE engines to comply with the new regs!

https://www.carscoops.com/2020/05/porsche-says-eu7-emissions-regulations-will-see-engines-grow-in-displacement/

15. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    #2565 JTSE30, Sep 17, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
    First of all, Euro 7 regulations do not yet exist. So what Porsche speculates may never occur.
    https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/better-regulation/have-your-say/initiatives/12313-Development-of-Euro-7-emission-standards-for-cars-vans-lorries-and-buses
    Commission adoption
    Planned for
    Fourth quarter 2021

Look at what is being promoted and it is not nonsense as being aware:

https://epha.org/new-euro7-standards-the-final-nail-in-the-coffin-for-polluting-vehicles/

https://www.transportenvironment.org/sites/te/files/publications/2020_04_Road_to_Zero_last_EU_emission_standard_cars_vans_buses_trucks.pdf

See Section 3.2 in the above PDF, depending on what Euro 7 actually regulates it will quite likely end all combustion engines and there will never be a time where full EVs are produced in sufficient quantity to provide replacements as well as keep up with annual needs (never mind the impossibility of sufficient electric production and charging networks). And forget Hydrogen, that's never going to work, yes, gaseous pipelines from Ukraine can help with production and transport but then actual delivery requires cryogenic processes to liquefy for actual use, but never mind that, as such a product is extremely explosive and corrosive.
    https://myelectriccar.com.au/naysayer-alert-the-hydrogen-red-herring/

Igor Ound likes this.
  16. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    And, it has already begun (limiting emissions of fumes)

https://www.transport-network.co.uk/Highways-England-trials-60mph-limits-to-cut-pollution/16828

Highways England head of environment Ivan Le Fevre said: ‘Ultimately the air quality challenge will be solved at the tailpipe by vehicle manufacturers and changes in vehicle use. Until this happens we will continue our extensive programme of pioneering research and solutions.

‘The speed limits trial will stay in place until the shift to cleaner vehicles means we can remove the restrictions and maintain cleaner air.’

Highways England said it is proposing to introduce speed restrictions at four locations that were identified as having NO2 levels above the legal limit annual mean limit level of 40 µg/m³.

why NO2 @ 40 µg/m³? (40 millionths of a gram per cubic meter of air)
    https://ec.europa.eu/environment/air/quality/standards.htm
    and why is that:
    https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/ambient-(outdoor)-air-quality-and-health

no idea where these measurements are occurring, roadside? some set distance apart? they can likely achieve whatever claim they desire...

this helps some:
    https://www.euro.who.int/__data/assets/pdf_file/0017/123083/AQG2ndEd_7_1nitrogendioxide.pdf

- - - -

http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2020-09/13/c_139364915.htm

It is the first time the government has planned reducing the maximum speed limit to tackle vehicle emissions.

17. Elisesko

Elisesko Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 27, 2016
    Reading the first 100 plus pages of the RACE annual report touches on many of the above issues and business risks Ferrari as a company is facing, now and into the future. There was one section talking about the direction of all of the new nannies/driving aides that will be required in the future and whether or not their customers would be accepting of them. It's a question I've seen us debate many times as certain things currently can be disabled. Oh, you don't like auto start/ stop, just disable it! Those things aren't going to stay as "suggestions" as I've seen in a most recent Mercedes purchase.

If you consider say Rolls Royce and Ferrari as two modes of $500k transportation and regulate both to a common point in the future, I'd much rather be in the marketing department of Rolls Royce than Ferrari in selling these two products as still providing the driving experience you are paying for. If you can no longer disable "features" and think you can scofflaw the desired driving practices of a civilized person simply by paying fines, that may not be the case. The customer is then left asking why they are paying 500k for a vehicle that is less spacious, less comfortable, same legal performance of the Rolls, etc. May as well buy the non street legal track car and take it to the track than buy what may become the future road legal Ferrari. Get the Rolls-Royce for road use. Obviously this thought process is years into the future but it is the nature of incremental steps. Just disable auto start stop!

18. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    stavura, RamsHmb, gzachary and 7 others like this.
  19. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    A daytona icona would be so exciting !

Spider68, Patricia2020 and of2worlds like this.
  20. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    :D

of2worlds likes this.
  21. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Ok sorry to change the subject of the last couple of posts.
    Here is just something which I was musing over.
    Would there be any interest if Ferrari decided to do a SWB version of the 812 as a limited series. Maybe shorten the body work and slim it down. Delete the rear wheel steering, eliminate the fastback in favor of flying buttresses and short vertical rear window. Sacrifice the rear interior rear luggage space behind the seats.

(Ok I’m ready for the hate)

of2worlds and Senna1994 like this.
  22. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    Great idea for an Icona project perhaps using the 812VS as a base and maybe even go as far as designing a bespoke interior because the Monza’s was depressing.

23. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    spot on i would say.

24. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    Don't know why you'd get rid of the RWS and go backwards? The most significant change of the TDF and 812 from the F12 was the RWS, not evolution but a significant leap forward. Where are you going to put the V12? On top of the front axle? Again why go from a (better) mid engine weight distribution to a front engine car? Did not the SWB suffer from front lift?

As far as the Daytona Icona- they had the opportunity with the GTS but missed the mark.

cesman likes this.
  25. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud

Attached Files:

of2worlds, red passion and 9nb like this.