Lewis Hamilton discussion thread | Page 25 | FerrariChat

Lewis Hamilton discussion thread

Discussion in 'F1' started by Flavio_C, Aug 16, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Explain...talent would not have been enough to win? Or not enough to get global attention.

Most F1 drivers aren’t that well known outside of the fan base..a fact that is not a problem for Kimi Räikkönen.

Senna1994 likes this.
  2. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Kimi contrasted ‘old F1’ vs modern F1 by posting a photo of Hunt and Hamilton and made clear which version he preferred (i.e. unrehearsed and raw vs corporate)

Senna1994 likes this.
  3. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    You must be proud, this thread now has a quite impressive kill count.

greg328 and 375+ like this.
  4. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Ah, Hunt drinking and Hamilton on a scooter? That was already posted here somewhere and it was fine.

All the best,
    Andrew.

paulchua and Flavio_C like this.
  5. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I'm doing ok, just a little busy with work lately.

Hope you're doing well. :)

All the best,
    Andrew.

Senna1994 likes this.
  6. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Agree...I didn’t see too much in it. He prefers hard partying to fashion and social causes.

NeuroBeaker likes this.
  7. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    I would translate that rather in the opposition between a real world and a fictitious world

8. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Formula 3

Mar 27, 2012
    UK
    I doubt he would have even made it to F1.

9. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Couldn’t disagree more. He’s a very legitimate driver, regardless of how people feel about him as a person.

jpalmito likes this.
  10. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    “Real world” depends on one’s perspective, of course. Some will side with Hunt’s version (though I thought he was self-destructive) and others will feel making social-responsibility out of racing cars as ‘being real’.

Senna1994 likes this.
  11. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Formula 3

Mar 27, 2012
    UK
    Of course he's a 'legitimate driver', but that's not the only thing you need to make it to F1.

12. cairns

cairns Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Potomac MD
    Full Name:
    George Williams
    While I loved James Hunt he would have been a back marker at best in today's F1- assuming he behaved as he did. You don't smoke a joint before the race and party like an animal afterwards and expect to compete with talented drivers who train to the utmost.

I feel bad for James and his family as he basically drank himself to death. But what a character!

william, Boomhauer and ricksb like this.
  13. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Again, this is not the problem.
    There is no value judgment in this comparison.
    .This is just about sincerity.

14. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    James Hunt...are we walking down memory lane now? I remember the good old days when Lewis didn’t have a chance at approaching MS’s numbers
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

ricksb likes this.
  15. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

U probably don’t hate him because u have something going on in ur life ;)
    As my philosophy teacher taught us in France , the worst in life is to not care, indifference because hate is, if u think about it, somewhat a form of love, envy;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ricksb likes this.
  16. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I think we’re in an era where celebrities and famous folks are pushed to take a position on large scale issues versus holding neutrality in the past. Hamilton understands that his voice holds greater volume than many people and he wants to leverage his platform.

I get some of the thoughts around sincerity and consistency...but it could be a matter of development versus simple hypocrisy

Senna1994 and paulchua like this.
  17. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Keep in mind the chastisement is not a critique of your political viewpoints.

We simply don't allow P&R in F1 (follow the thread from post #1) - you'll see we've gone over it. For 20 years now.

It's funny I had lunch with @ylshih today; I asked him for some critical feedback, he said, well - maybe you should not post the same thing so much.
    (sorry Yin! - I think repetition is indeed the mother of pedagogy)

This is the third (maybe fourth) I've said this, you could post about cakes, and we would ban you if you continue to do so in F1 after warning you not to do so.

It's not a judgment of if we mods like cakes (or hate it.) - Just if you want to do so - do it in the "Food" section here.

You are most welcome to hate Hamilton with all of your heart and soul regarding his political beliefs. Just if you want to do so - do it in the "Politics" section here.

I know even $1 a month may be prohibitive for some (the P&R section is behind a paywall.)
    - If so, you can access the group chat feature in your conversation area in your account settings in the upper right-hand corner. Both options (one free) will allow you to exercise your full freedom of speech with very few exceptions.

18. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    That's a flattering thought, and I appreciate the kind words - that said - I'm not immune from irrational hate - Barbara Streisand comes to mind.
    ;)

19. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    No, not all; in fact, somebody already did. The topic was yet again about how good looking or not Hamilton is. As I said a few times, I understand women and men alike may see Hamilton that way, nothing wrong with that. So if you want to focus on his physical attractiveness (or vice versa), it doesn't violate the rules here.

I do say it's quite telling that Kimi took down the post - which I'll let you decide on his reasoning.

20. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    Agree. Love him or hate him, you have to admit that LH is a fantastic F1 driver. Almost as good, in fact, as Nico Rosberg.

21. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Thanks Paul, just trying to summise if LH is an idiot, as per the topic. But to judge if he is a idiot, extrovert or badly misinformed then we have to look as his actions. Toto certainly was deliberating that one!
    Best
    Tony
    PS is this my 1st warning ;-)

paulchua likes this.
  22. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    I sincerely don't care about the opinions of the moderators of this forum.

Bas and paulchua like this.
  23. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    What category does she drive in ?:D

paulchua likes this.
  24. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    And yet statistics don't lie::
    Hamilton had 32 victories, 55 podium finishes and qualified ahead of Rosberg 42 times.
    Rosberg had 22 victories, 50 podium finishes and qualified ahead of Hamilton 36 times.

25. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    jpalmito likes this.