458/488 in Tucson, driveway curbs | FerrariChat

458/488 in Tucson, driveway curbs

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by Rocco Bruno, Sep 7, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rocco Bruno

Rocco Bruno Rookie

Aug 6, 2020
    S. AZ
    Full Name:
    Rocco Bruno Jr.
    Hey all, newby here, first post and soon to be first-time Ferrari owner. I'm looking into a 458 or 488 in the near future and I have a concern about our slanted curbs that are typical in AZ, and pulling into my driveway. Does anyone know the height of the front end or have any knowledge/experience on this topic? I'm betting the suspension lift would make this a non-concern. I'm starting to pay close attention to the locations I visit to establish a mental list of where I should probably not take the Ferrari because of slopes, potholes and high speed bumps.
    It would also be interesting to hear from local Ferrari owners if they get any negative reactions when driving around town. I've driven an Aston Martin, Lexus LC500 and currently an M5 Comp and there are haters out there and not afraid to make themselves known to you on the street.
    Thank you!!

Attached Files:

2. Zanny1

Zanny1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Mike
    A picture of your driveway entry might help.
    I have s a pretty steep grade from the street into the driveway here in Fountain Hills. I can scrape pipes on the Harley if I don't go diagonally across. My 360 doesn't have a problem..... which, of course, isn't a 488.

3. Rocco Bruno

Rocco Bruno Rookie

Aug 6, 2020
    S. AZ
    Full Name:
    Rocco Bruno Jr.
    Thanks for the reply. My post does show 2 pics attached. Maybe I didn't do something correctly. Trying again here. Good to hear the 360 doesn't have a problem, that's encouraging.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    You will not need a lift for that curb.

Believe it or not it's got to be a very very very steep driveway.

100% you will NOT have an issue with a 458 or 488 without a lift on those curbs.

BLAMPEE and Caphill like this.
  5. RWP137

RWP137 Formula 3

Apr 29, 2013
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I agree with Justin. My 458 didn’t have a nose lift and it cleared mine fine. Just take it slow.

6. Rocco Bruno

Rocco Bruno Rookie

Aug 6, 2020
    S. AZ
    Full Name:
    Rocco Bruno Jr.
    Wonderful news! Thank you guys for chiming in. Ride safe.

7. BLAMPEE

BLAMPEE Man Card Status: Never Issued

Slow and diagonal. :)

arizonaitalian and RWP137 like this.
  8. Rocco Bruno

Rocco Bruno Rookie

Aug 6, 2020
    S. AZ
    Full Name:
    Rocco Bruno Jr.
    Thanks again for your replies. Yesterday I drove back from San Diego with my '16 488 Rosso Corsa and she's safe and sound in the garage.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. Zanny1

Zanny1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Very nice!
    Now watch out where you park to avoid door dings from idiot drivers.

Rocco Bruno likes this.
  10. Rocco Bruno

Rocco Bruno Rookie

Aug 6, 2020
    S. AZ
    Full Name:
    Rocco Bruno Jr.
    I had an idiot driver in a busted up white Hyundai on I-10 brake check me really hard twice to try and get a payday. Almost got rear-ended by an Escalade at the same time. I was no where driving too close to him. I'm driving very humbly in this vehicle.

Caphill likes this.
  11. WIKKID

WIKKID Rookie

Sep 28, 2020
    Goodyear AZ
    brigit curb ramps, used them on a ZR1, there all over this neighborhood I live in