Challenge Stradale | FerrariChat

Challenge Stradale

Discussion in '360/430' started by dustman, Sep 20, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    New to me 04 CS, Rosso Scuderia with Factory Stripe.

I’ve had the CS for about 2 months now and have just really started to drive it, couple hours each weekend thru the canyons, coast and farmlands north of Malibu.

1. When driven properly (still getting used to the powerband and how to hit the sweet notes consistently) the CS sounds wonderful and so different from the beloved 458’s. Harder to get the melody on demand for sure, and a more narrow range for activation. When you nail the perfect up and downshifts with a bit of throttle lift or blip...glorious. Am curious to hear a modified CS.

2. Those seats really hug you in place. Too bad not available in 458+ up the range. Were these legit racing seats (real ones, not the 458 “racing seats”)?

3. The AC blasts hard and cold! First ferrari I have owned with great ac. FWIW.

4. Handling is good, nice light 2,822lbs car. A bit bouncy and rough of course given the tech of the day. Not a lot of nanny control which is both good and bad. Tight canyons I just cant push too hard compared to other cars for fear of losing it. Better drivers need apply!

5. Did I mention the great noise?

6. What a looker. Finally a Ferrari that isn’t getting the middle finger regularly in SoCal. Those in the know stop and applaud. Blind mountain road right near PCH in Malibu this morning just me and the CS when a vintage Ferrari blazes past the opposite way. Those guys dropped anchor to get a look at the CS while I was doing the same to check out their masterpiece. We both had a good laugh realizing it.
    The rest must see what I do which is a stunningly gorgeous car at the height of Ferrari design (sorry 812 rear end).

7. About to hit 10,000 miles on the next drive. This is a no stories, super clean, completely sorted and maintained CS. Gotta drive it, not gonna save her.

8. Over 6 years to find this car and I am just thrilled. Will add more as the journey continues. Cheers all and thx Fchat members who afforded so much time and patience along the way. One of you may get her some day, a long time from now.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

LABrit, EnergyTrader, Licht and 24 others like this.
  2. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Beautiful CS..... looks just like mine minus the stripe.

What does your comment about middle fingers mean?

3. GLENN@TEAM AI

GLENN@TEAM AI Karting
    Sponsor

Jun 8, 2018
    Full Name:
    Glenn Butler
    Glad to see your driving it - especially since the previous owner didn’t! ENJOY!!

4. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Thx Glenn. Hope all is well.

5. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Love it!! Yep, it would be hard not to drive her all the time!

dustman likes this.
  6. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Jealousy, anger, resentment...people who enjoy pulling other people down to make themselves feel better.

7. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    The Stradale is the best Ferrari this side of the supercars.

-K1- and JAM1 like this.
  8. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Great read.

The Stradale is that good. Enjoy.

9. Jason Crandall

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I get that part. Why don’t you get the middle finger in the CS but do in other Ferrari’s? Most people that look at my Ferrari think it’s brand new.

10. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    No idea. A 360 does appear dated relative to modern cars, but not sure the avg person really perceives that.
    My Lambo was very flashy but got nothing but love. Go figure.

11. Jason Crandall

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I’ve been flipped off many times in my CS. Especially when I drive through the beatnik part of town.

12. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Sorry to hear that.

13. Dbacr

Dbacr Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 1, 2015
    Ft lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Beautiful CS. I love mine. I just wish I had your roads to drive on. The only curvy canyons I have is an I95 on ramp.

Jason Crandall likes this.
  14. jehu999

jehu999 Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    Coastal Central Fl
    Full Name:
    James
    I feel your pain. I live in Ormond Beach, Fl

15. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    If I still had my GoPro and car mounts/mic I would send you some CS love thru the mountain pass. Feel for ya.

Dbacr likes this.
  16. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    Have you taken it up to Yosemite? 8500 rpm in the 40v coming up out of those tunnels out of the valley is divine.

17. clean512

clean512 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2010
    Full Name:
    Josh @jtcarprojects
  18. Mediterranean

Mediterranean Rookie

Jan 3, 2011
    Spain
    Full Name:
    Louis
    As another owner of a CS what I am going to say... a legendary car to keep forever. I think it would be easier to me selling a Speciale or a Pista than the CS.

19. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    #19 ttforcefed, Sep 22, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
    amen
    glad you are enjoying it dustman!
    i drove mine to cars and coffee on sunday, and the easiest way to explain the CS experience is its emotional. end of story.

20. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Thank you. Your help along the journey (and push to finally do it!) was invaluable.
    The CS is very different than the 458’s of course, and I think the latter is just so brilliant. But there’s something about the old school, throwback way the CS drives that delights. I’m sure nostalgia plays a factor. But the car is so dang good looking that it evokes a different emotion. Haven’t quite placed it yet but this might be a keeper for a while.
    I cant wait to take it to a car show, whenever we get those again.

sampelligrino likes this.
  21. Monteman

Monteman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 9, 2006
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Monte
    We'll likely come across each other at some point in the canyons since we go down there quite a bit. Drive it! I have over 32K miles on my CS now. People say I'm destroying the value but I have lots of great memories in each of those miles. I'm super meticulous about the maintenance and the car has been generally trouble free other than a few little things.

Licht and sampelligrino like this.
  22. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Wonderful to hear. Send me a PM and we can meet near Neptunes (closed currently) for a drive thru the canyon or cruise up the coast.

23. Jason Crandall

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    “Destroying the value”. What’s that mean?

I have 21k on mine and need to drive more

24. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Next time I drive away from the house I’ll pass 10k and am sure there’s some value loss. And I dont care. It’s nearly impossible to find factory stripe no stories CS anywhere for sale, so mileage becoming less important. Like F40’s.

25. Jason Crandall

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Doesn’t Ferrari have a similar program to Porsche where you can ship your car back to Italy and they take it apart, refurb everything and put it all back together again? My buddy just did it with his CGT